“Yummy - try the monkey brains!”
Review of Yuki Sushi

Yuki Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 252
Description: Yuki Sushi is a newly opened, full scale Japanese and Asian Fusion Cuisine restaurant located at Newtown Square, PA. We proudly provide authentic Japanese foods such as Sushi, Sashimi, Teriyaki, Tempura, all kinds of Maki, also we recently present Asian fusion style foods such as Bul-go-gi, Grilled Shrimp Salad with ginger dressing, and Grilled Chilean Seabass with teriyaki sauce.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have been here 3 times over the past year and had great food and great service each time. I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to sushi but they have a wide selection of rolls, both traditional and some more creative, and everything I've had is delicious. It is always beautifully presented. I love the monkey brains appetizer. The staff is very friendly, and the last time we were there we tried 2 new rolls and the waiter asked for our feedback on them.

1  Thank Shep Z
There are newer reviews for Yuki Sushi

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant one evening by chance ... And we will come back for sure. Not only we could enjoy "basic" Japanese food, but we could enjoy some more complex and still typical Japanese fusion food.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have to preface this review with the fact that I am a sushi purist in that I am all about the simplicity of enjoying nothing more than fresh selections of raw fish served either as sushi or sashimi. Every local sushi place makes countless variations of rolls and nearly every review is focused along those lines, but in truth, I don't even care about the rolls. All I want is a large variety of fish selections that are exceptionally fresh.

That being said, my wife and I have been searching for a new destination ever since Wakita of Japan closed due to the owner's unfortunate bout with cancer. We were seriously spoiled there and have since tried nearly every place west of Philly.

Although Yuki cannot compete with the variety we had become accustomed to, they do offer a very commendable selection of great fish and the chef (Wan) is very accomodating with regard to acquiring more obscure items.

We have dined there many times in advance of this review and I can say that it remains consistently excellent with regard ot the quality of fish, proportions, and in particular service. Each of the servers we experienced have all very extremely friendly friendly, tastefully attentive and knowledgeable about the offerings (when asked).

We generally go the route of an Omikase meal which simply means the chef selects the items he feels are the best and presents them accordingly. This also gives the opportunity to occassionally sample some cooked or unique offerings that we would otherwise not try.

As an example of his selections that are beyond the typical sushi bar, we have had some really nice chu-toro, monkfish liver, raw lobster, aji, along with very sweet Uni.

Yuki Sushi is definitely work a try if this is how you roll...

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The sushi is as fresh and tasty that you'll will find anywhere in the Greater Philadelphia area. But if sushi is not for you, the kitchen menu is also very good with a variety of noodle and teriyaki dishes. Go for the "monkey brains" sushi if it is on the menu.
There are few restaurants you can go to on a Friday night where it's not so noisy that you can't have a conversation, but Yuki Sushi is one of them. The service is always friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Skelt440
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Fresh sushi, friendly staff. A strip mall gem that should not be missed if you enjoy sushi and sashimi! More variety than most local offerings. Haven't tried any cooked items but those around us seemed to enjoy those offerings too. Haven't had monkfish liver and toro in quite a while locally. Hope to soon have aji there also! The uni was delightful as was scallop and sweet shrimp. Almost forgot to mention 'monkey brain'. Fried avocado which sounds odd but was surprisingly good.