“Omikase Awaits...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 252
Description: Yuki Sushi is a newly opened, full scale Japanese and Asian Fusion Cuisine restaurant located at Newtown Square, PA. We proudly provide authentic Japanese foods such as Sushi, Sashimi, Teriyaki, Tempura, all kinds of Maki, also we recently present Asian fusion style foods such as Bul-go-gi, Grilled Shrimp Salad with ginger dressing, and Grilled Chilean Seabass with teriyaki sauce.
Philadelphia, PA
“Omikase Awaits...”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have to preface this review with the fact that I am a sushi purist in that I am all about the simplicity of enjoying nothing more than fresh selections of raw fish served either as sushi or sashimi. Every local sushi place makes countless variations of rolls and nearly every review is focused along those lines, but in truth, I don't even care about the rolls. All I want is a large variety of fish selections that are exceptionally fresh.

That being said, my wife and I have been searching for a new destination ever since Wakita of Japan closed due to the owner's unfortunate bout with cancer. We were seriously spoiled there and have since tried nearly every place west of Philly.

Although Yuki cannot compete with the variety we had become accustomed to, they do offer a very commendable selection of great fish and the chef (Wan) is very accomodating with regard to acquiring more obscure items.

We have dined there many times in advance of this review and I can say that it remains consistently excellent with regard ot the quality of fish, proportions, and in particular service. Each of the servers we experienced have all very extremely friendly friendly, tastefully attentive and knowledgeable about the offerings (when asked).

We generally go the route of an Omikase meal which simply means the chef selects the items he feels are the best and presents them accordingly. This also gives the opportunity to occassionally sample some cooked or unique offerings that we would otherwise not try.

As an example of his selections that are beyond the typical sushi bar, we have had some really nice chu-toro, monkfish liver, raw lobster, aji, along with very sweet Uni.

Yuki Sushi is definitely work a try if this is how you roll...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michael C

Tucson, Arizona
“The Sushi is Anything but Yucky at Yuki”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The sushi is as fresh and tasty that you'll will find anywhere in the Greater Philadelphia area. But if sushi is not for you, the kitchen menu is also very good with a variety of noodle and teriyaki dishes. Go for the "monkey brains" sushi if it is on the menu.
There are few restaurants you can go to on a Friday night where it's not so noisy that you can't have a conversation, but Yuki Sushi is one of them. The service is always friendly and attentive.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Skelt440
kennett square, pa
“Great strip-mall find! Don't overlook!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Fresh sushi, friendly staff. A strip mall gem that should not be missed if you enjoy sushi and sashimi! More variety than most local offerings. Haven't tried any cooked items but those around us seemed to enjoy those offerings too. Haven't had monkfish liver and toro in quite a while locally. Hope to soon have aji there also! The uni was delightful as was scallop and sweet shrimp. Almost forgot to mention 'monkey brain'. Fried avocado which sounds odd but was surprisingly good.

• Visited July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Find for Sushi and Sashimi in Delaware County”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Delaware County, PA really has been lacking in decent restaurants lately. I passed by a strip center a few months back and saw that a Thai restaurant had closed and in its place there was a sushi place. My wife and I finally got a chance to try it last night.

The restaurant is very clean and spacious. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman that was presumably the owner and warmly welcomed. Our server was friendly and attentive. I did a quick search on the place and found it was a BYO so I brought a few beers. My "usual" that I get at a Japanese restaurant is the sashimi dinner and this night would be no exception. My wife wasn't that hungry so she ordered one of the speciality rolls that contained, among other things, broiled eel. She was very satisfied with the serving size, quality and portion. My dinner came with a salad with the "standard" ginger dressing and it was fine. My dinner also came with miso soup that was up there with the best I've had and I've had it alot.

My wife's roll came out on a long white dish and the presentation was very nice. Mine came out on a huge long white dish with a nice presentation as well. The food was good, the fish fresh and the service just fine. Not much more than one could ask for on a night out.

Prices seemed around what we are used to paying and since it is a BYO that kept the total check very reasonable. The place was quiet for a Sunday night so I hope more people discover Yuki Sushi and go back if they like it. I really want to see this place survive..and flourish. I know we'll be back.

• Visited October 2011
Philadelphia
“Good and convenient”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Have gotten take-out from here 4 or 5 times since they opened. I've never been disappointed. Sushi is fresh and well-prepared. Staff is friendly. My wife is partial to the shrimp tempura.

• Visited September 2011