“Great breakfast place - a little too small”

Pat's Colonial Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Pat's is a great place for breakfast - the food is really the focus. The tables are a bit on top of each other, but that kind of adds some charm...and some frustration for larger folk. Additionally, the limited seating usually means a wait, but they've got a sign-up sheet system in place for that and it seems to work pretty well. I'd love to see them expand though! We'd go more often if we could get seated more quickly.

2  Thank plecostamus

Reviewed November 21, 2008

We were two couples with one 1.5 year old baby looking for breakfast in this quaint, historic town. We walked along State Street to find Pat's Colonial Kitchen. Yes, it can get _VERY_ crowded. But doesn't that mean it's a place to be? A place to go? We didn't get to the restaurant until about 9:30am, which may have let us beat the main rush - we were seated within a couple of minutes of being there. Our waitress was well-seasoned. One of those types w/ the wry wit and just enough attitude to make your stay fun but not off-putting. She loved Sadie, our resident 1.5 year old - the restaurant even had a Mr. Potato Head they brought out for her to play with. The food was great and VERY reasonably priced. The five of us got out of there, incredibly well-fed, for less than $10/person (even if you count out the kid). I highly recommend this place for the food, environment, value, and staff.

2  Thank phyrn
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2008

ok for breakfast when not crowded, but tight seating and service not great

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I recently visited this establishment after a lengthy hiatis and found that it has significantly waivered in the interim...

First, I ordered the Cinnamon Buns thinking that they would provide them pan toasted and tasty as I had known before, only to find out that they did not even have them despite the menu listing... Strike one!

I then ordered the Eggs Benedict with Asparagus, thinking that I would receive fresh Asparagus Spears on English Muffin topped with nicely Poached Eggs and Hollandaise as before and again another dissapointment... minced, canned, overcooked Asparagus, yuck! ... Strike two!

Finally, I asked if there would be a price adjustment for the overcooked Asparagus, so the Waitress hautily took my dish away, went over to a Woman at the Cash Register (Pat of Pat's Colonial Kitchen?) and after they both staired me down a bit, she came back and explained that they would charge me the price for Benedict without any meat, only a dollar cheaper.

Unfortunately, they failed to realize that I had already had to scrape off the offending mush (overcooked canned Asparagus) and had no choice but to endure that flavor already saturated on my English Muffin. Strike Three, you're out!

So there I sat having spent some Ten Dollars (Twelve with a 20% Tip) for a Breakfast that was substandard at best.

Needless to say, I will not be back to this "Hash House" anytime soon!

2  Thank ConcernedDiner