“Don't Go There !”
Review of Piccolo Trattoria

Piccolo Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Septa
Description: Piccolo Trattoria is about great food and wonderful service. Come in and enjoy our famous Brooklyn p
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We stopped there with a party of five on a Saturday just before 5"oclock. It was fairly crowded and we were first ushered to the table next to the noisy kitchen and asked to be reseated. As time went on it was obvious that they did not reserve tables for those with reservations and so were adamant about pushing customers out the door as soon as possible. The owner walked around harassing the staff who was on edge, some near tears. The entrees were mediocre yet pricey but the worst was yet to come.

After showing off an elaborate dessert cart with more than 15 choices, they brought our selections to the table. The individual cheesecake was the consistency of rubber and had cleary been sitting somewhere for a long period of time, possibly the dessert cart!
The bill was outrageous and we were nearly decapitated by the bus boy who, at the owner's insistence, snatched plates furiously in front of and around our heads! Clearly a large party had come in and they needed the table to begin the assault on a new group of victims! By the time we left , everyone was stressed!

2  Thank Doggybag2222
There are newer reviews for Piccolo Trattoria

Reviewed September 20, 2008

We have been to Piccolo's ever since it opened...we love it there! We always have the brooklyn pie as our appetizer, it is the BEST PIZZA ON EARTH! They have such a variety in entree selection...we tried almost everything on the menu and had a great meal everytime! My husband and I always go out to eat and tried out all the restaurants in the bucks county area but nothing beats Piccolo's!! Great food, Great service!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2008

had a good lunch with great service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 26, 2008

My husband and I went into Piccolo because on Saturday evenings it always looked crowded to us. We went there one time.

When you first enter the restaurant, they have young guys serving pizza and food to go. So, after looking at their pizzas that looked as if they had been sitting out since the morning, we decided to make a quick exit. However, unexpectedly, the guy behind their counter came out after us. We were shocked, so we went back in (duh,,,,on our part) and we decided to order two meals to relieve the tension we felt. That's what hunger does to a person.

Well, we figured how bad could two spahetti and meatball meals be. Well, after eating part of my meal, I can say that while I'm not Italian, I could have done better making tomato sauce. Apparently, they put cream in their tomato sauce.

We returned the meals and the owner? or the manager said: Yeah, people in this area like cream in their tomato sauce.....(Huh?) And, it just did not taste right to us. My husband is Italian.

So that was the end of Piccolo Trattoria.

1  Thank Just-Want-To-Say
Reviewed November 18, 2007

My daughter and I decided to try this place out since it is usually crowded. Big mistake... We wanted a quiet dinner to catch up, well we were seated in the back next to the kitchen. The waiters hovered behind me all night, sometimes yelling. Then, one slipped on something and fell on me. When I asked the manager to clean up the floor because he slipped, i was totally ignored, he told me it was probably an ice cube, but did nothing. Then, they moved the tables around for a very large party. They put it so close that the man next to my daughter kept elbowing her. The food was marginal at best. Actually, I think I could have made better myself. It became so noisy that we could not hear a word each other said.Then, they were serving this special steak on a sizzling platter, and it set off the smoke alarm. After 20 minutes with the alarm blaring, they decided to open all the doors, well, it was 38 degress outside. We froze... I had had enough. Asked for my check... Will never ever go back to this place.

2  Thank reb44