“Great place for dinner”

Dolce Carini
Ranked #34 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Perhaps in the mood for a slightly more upscale evening? With candles lighting linen draped tables, a comfortable, elegant embience awaits at Dolce Carini. Beer and Wine selections from around the world compliment a mix of freshly prepared old world Italian favorites and continental cuisine. Make Dolce a destination for the perfect night out!
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had a very nice dining experience here. The food was great and at reasonable prices. My husband had veal and a caesar salad (only two dollars extra) and I had the citrus salad with broiled salmon. Both were nice size portions and delicious! Our server was very good and knowledgable. We will definitely go back!

1  Thank KaMar4486
There are newer reviews for Dolce Carini

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just moved to Newtown to be closer to her family. We decided to try your restaurant. My brother in law called to reserve a table as we had 9 guest. The manager called him back to confirm. Upon arriving the hostess had his name the number in our party and time on the sheet in front of her at her podium. As we waited for over 35 minutes, we asked if she knew how much longer the wait would be as we were told it would be 20 minutes when we walked in. The hostess then told us she had no reservation for us. You could see she clearly crossed the name off her paper. After discussion and asking for a manager, the hostess offered to seat us next door at dolce carini and said we could still get the friend's Monday night special. So we are seated next door and waitress comes over to take our order. She informs us that they can not do what the hostess stated. She went to ask the manager and he said it was ok for is to get the special from friend's. Then the waitress informed us that the manager would not honor the special but would modify it. So after the almost hour at this point with 2 little kids in toe we decided to go with the modified special. We ordered 9 specials. 40 minutes later after watching other guess get seated after us receive their order of the special we asked how much longer our order would be. The manager was rude and disrespectful saying they were busy and said this is your order here. He handed the tray to a server and she promptly took the plates to another table. When we asked again the manager said I don't know where your order is, if it is done or if they even started cooking it. Then walked away. We left with a disgusted feeling toward Friend's bar and grille. Not the type of service or impression an eatery wants to give especially in this economy. I believe your staff and especially the manager need better training on how to give customer service. As you have lost 10 customer in us and we are letting our friend's and family know of our experience. Also I am taking the time to tell you about this awful service and customer service skills, how many guest leave and never come back and you don't know why?

5  Thank Hojo132000
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I met a couple who raved about the pizza at Dolce Carini, and set out to try it for myself. My initial impression that this was a sit down restaurant, and probably not much of a take out place. White linen tablecloths, candles on the tables - that sort of thing. When I walked by on a Friday evening - it was filling up nicely.

I checked their web site and found that they definitely did have a take out menu and offered delivery as well. Now, I'm interested!

I ordered a white pizza with spinach and tomatoes. The spinach was fresh, seasoned and lightly steamed or sautéed. The tomatoes were ripe and diced very small - adding to the flavor. The pizza dough and seasoning were excellent. The prices were fantastic, and it took only 20 minutes from phone order to pickup on a Saturday evening. A new favorite for me!

Now I'm thinking of making a visit to check out the rest of the menu.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited with another couple for a great night of delicious food. Our waitress Rose was friendly and accommodating. This place is consistently good. We visit weekly.

1  Thank seagoer5
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is a joke. It's tired. Will never go again. From the soup to the main course it was simply awful. Atmosphere is ok but that's the only positive about it.

1  Thank Timothy S