“Crave that salmon... YUM! ...and ...Gotta love a great BYOB restaurant!”

Oishi Japanese Thai & Korean
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Honored our reservation for 5 on a high energy Friday night dinner. Waiter was a little slow getting to us but enjoyed our group so it really didn't matter...besides he did bring our wine glasses right away at least...gotta love the byob's!
I could not wait for the salmon trio dinner. Had it for lunch a month ago and I was day dreaming about it ever since! It lived up to my expectations too! SUCCULANT!
We all tried each others dishes and everything was fresh, the right temp and outstandingly delish!
Service was a bit slow...waiter did not pay too much attention to us...but we figured the dishes were "made to order" and this restaurant was very busy! We had so much fun laughing, talking and polishing off a few bottles of wine...who cares!
I saw all kinds of foods being brought out to other tables and everything looked amazing! I wanted to take a taste of all of it too! I am already thinking of my next visit! That is how you know a great restaurant!
Really...a glass of red...great food...great
company...nice beautiful restaurant...life is good.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have visited this place a number of time and they consistently serve fresh and delicious sushi and sashimi and a nice selection of creative special rolls. I have always have a good meal here. The meun also offers a nice selection of cooked Korean and Thai dishes for those that do not appreciate raw fish. I especially like the Oishi Gopdol (a broiled pot of rice, veggies and seafood or other goodies), the Korean Bulgogi (grilled meat) and the seafood salad for an appetizer. The restaurant itself is usually crowded and lively and reservations are helpful especially on weekends. Atmosphere is cosmpolitan and modern. Make sure to bring a bottle of wine since it is a BYOB. The wine store in Newtown is close and has a great selection.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I don't know why I never, ever thought of reviewing Oishi...After all, it is one of my favorite places to go to when I want to treat myself to good raw fish.
The restaurant is located in a shopping center, a few blocks from Main street. Plenty of parking space around the place. The deco is modern, tables quite close to each others, a bit noisy as it is often full, but I don't care...The fish is awesome! The service is efficient if not friendly, it is a bit expensive, luckily it's a byob. My tab always run around $100 for 2(with tip), definitely worth it! I would highly recommend the "new age #2", combination of 3 pieces of raw fish in a roll, and the "spicy crunchy tuna". Definitely worth the 40 minutes trip to go there!
Cordially,
Val.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Oishi consists of good location, great food and service. The atmosphere is unique as well. I have eaten their sushi and pad thai and both were delicious. I would recommend grabbing a lunch or dinner at Oishi in Newtown.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm usually a sashimi person so I ordered the 25 pc dinner for 26$ the fish very was fresh. The salad which was added with meal had the normal ginger dressing but it was a little too sweet for my taste. My sister ordered sushi which she thought was very good also. There is so many choices on the menu Japanese as well as Korean dishes and Thai so I can't wait to go back.
We got there 5:30pm but we did make reservations just in case we order soon after and was served quickly by the time we left the restaurant was filled. There is a lot of take out orders and they did have 4 sushi chefs so i would keep that in mind so the weekends you really should make a reservation.