“Very solid choice for Asian cuisine”

Oishi Japanese Thai & Korean
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Reliable and solid quality food. Very popular spot for Asian food lovers

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Our friends took us here and it was an excellent experience. The only knock was the guy working the door/seating was doing too much and made us felt like we weren't important. The we got the calamari, dumpling sampler and the dok boi (I butchered that name) and it was excellent. I had the pad tail which was also excellent. Everyone else enjoyed their meals. I though the price was very reasonable too.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been to Oishi twice, and have liked it very much both times. The prices are moderate, however it is a BYOB which reduces cost. The decor is much prettier than you would expect from the "strip mall" exterior. The food was great, but the service only so-so.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stopped at Oishi after hearing several positive things from friends and we were definitely impressed.

The Sushi was very fresh and we had several appetizers. The Yakitori, Beef and Scallion Dumplings, and the Crispy/Spicy Shrimp were all very good.

My party all tried various noodle dishes and each was excellently prepared. For the price, you can't beat Oishi and we will definitely be returning in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Oishi totally took my husband and I by surprise. We LOVED it! We're not sushi eaters, so I can't speak to that...but we enjoyed several other items off the menu, liked the fact that it was BYOB and left full!!! It's salty, so if sodium is something you watch be smart about what you order...also, MAKE RESERVATIONS! They're busy almost all the time!