“Great Dining Experience”
Review of The Brick Hotel

The Brick Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newtown
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently had the chance to finally eat at the Brick Hotel, after driving past it many times. I ate outside in the garden, which was very beautiful. The food was delicious and the service was great. I will be returning soon for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isabel93

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just had a very nice lunch and drinks at the Brick Hotel..We sat in their beautiful garden .The food was delicious and the service was great.A very nice place to spend a Sunday afternoon.The management and staff were very friendly.I hadn"t been to The Brick in awhile but will be returning again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and ended up checking out after the 1st night. The bathrooms are not cleaned properly at all and I had to request a new shower curtain because the one in my room has black mold growing on it. I asked if room service could come clean the bathroom, but I was told that room service didn't come until the morning. I also reported a dead cockroach on the phone and then I was woken up in the middle of the night by a rat chewing on the plastic baggy where I had my toiletries.

When I asked if I wanted to switch rooms, I was shown 3 other rooms and all of them had un-clean bathrooms (soap scum, hair in the tub, etc.). I was told that I could look at other rooms and that in fact, the hotel was empty so I could choose any room I wanted. Hmmm...this left me feeling creeped out and I realized it was a sign that other people didn't stay here either, so I checked out the next day. I could not believe this to be honest and in all of my 20+ years of traveling around the world, I've never experienced such a dirty place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Carlie F
Gold2006, Owner at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

The health department visited us soon after this and inspected all the rooms and there was no evidence of any cockroaches or mice. The health department did our annual inspection a few months later and still did not find any evidence of any cockroaches or mice. I wanted to respond to this as our facility has never had any cockroaches or mice issues. Owner

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a cute place in the heart of Newtown. I stayed 2 nights. The room was delightful and the staff very courteous. The food and the restaurant was excellent and with our stay we got a complimentary coupon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Komal G
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After looking around the local area, we decided on the Brick Hotel for the Rehearsal Dinner of our son’s pending wedding. We found Tammy (Event Planner) and Kathy (Restaurant Manager) wonderful to work with. They met our every need and then some, often going out of their way to make things easier for us!! All of the many details that we wanted executed were successfully accomplished with a cheerful attitude. The food was delicious, the venue was beautiful and the staff was extremely efficient, pleasant and helpful. Communication was easy and timely and we felt that what was important to us was important to them. Our event was for 87 people including appetizers in the garden, dinner and dessert in the main room and on the glass porch and fun in between! We would highly recommend the Brick Hotel for any event. In fact, we can’t wait to plan an event in the future! Thank you ladies!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackie F
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I met a colleague here for breakfast. There is a charm about this place that makes you want to really like it, but the food is just okay the service is really bad. What a shame. If they changed management or ownership, I would go back and tgry it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pnelson406
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our family of 16 had reservations for the Mother's Day Brunch yesterday. We were very disappointed and will not be returning. To start off, we were greeted with "we are booked solid so be conscious of your time". The entire brunch felt rushed even though we had to wait on them to put in an omelet order because they weren't sure how this was to be handled. Syrup was not out and had to be requested. They put out one single tray of chocolate covered strawberries and would not bring out anymore once they ran out even when asked and mentioned that we didn't even get one. (We had the 930am seating). Coffee refills were scarce and on a delay. Rather than bring out a full pot of coffee to refill the whole table, they only brought a new cup of coffee for one person and it was on a 15 minute delay. The coffee refills were filled with coffee grinds. There was a hair in the shrimp. They included the tip which was fine but they tipped on tax. Overall, there was a stingy, rushed vibe and we will not be returning.

UPDATE: I finally spoke with the owner after leaving 3 messages. She understood our concerns and assured me that she was a fair person and would be taking care of it. She said she would be calling me back. It's been over a week and I have not heard back from her. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Stacey433
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
0 mi away
The Temperance House Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown - Langhorne, PA

Been to The Brick Hotel? Share your experiences!