“nothing special”

Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: American Cuisine~Prime and Choice Steaks, Chops, Seafood , Saute', Pasta, Salads, Casual Fare Menu, Bar Menu & Children's Menu. Clams Casino is house speciality! Great Bar area, in addition a separate dining room. Perfect for meeting business associates, friends, or celebrating a special occasion. Weekly lunch and dinner specials. We have an ever changing, and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle,Tap and bottle beer & drink specials. Ample parking along with seasonal patio dining. Free Wi~Fi Newtown's newest truly outstanding restaurant, located in historic Newtown Borough.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“nothing special”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This restaurant has gone through several incarnations. Ambiance is nice and there's seating outside in warmer weather. We had appetizers, soup, and drinks. The shrimp app was fried mini shrimps, sauce--just ok. The french onion soup was quite good. Drinks are Newtown priced and not always worth it. Waiter was great. Not sure I'd return.

Jamison, Pennsylvania, United States
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Sycamore Grill has a great atmosphere and menu. It is conveniently located in Newtown, and parking is easy and plentiful. Their menu is varied with great appetizers, entrees, and sandwiches. The staff was friendly and attentive. Since my husband and I had eaten a late lunch, we were not too hungry for dinner, so we both ordered the prime rib sandwich with provolone and peppers. The platter came with fries, cole slaw, and pickle. It was excellent! We both commented while eating, that we would definitely be back. We saw the french onion soup and mussels come out for another table, and decided we would like to try them upon our return. I saw the dessert tray, which looked sinful. We will return to Sycamore next time with a bigger appetite, and if everything is as good as our sandwich platter, the place will definitely be our "new favorite restaurant."

Jamison, Pennsylvania, United States
“First time at Sycamore Grill”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My friend and I went to the Sycamore Grill for the first time. We heard about on Spinsaver website. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. The menu had a good selection of options we had the Asparagus Sycamore Grill Style for an appetizer for our lunch we tried the Burger and Chicken Salad Wrap the food was great and we had a good time.

• Visited October 2013
“A tale of two meals”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and decide to try the Sycamore Grill, a new restaurant that replaced an old favorite of ours. They have been there about a year so we figured that the kinks had been worked out. My wife had the crab bisque and a bone-in pork chop. I had the filet with gorgonzola and a caesar salad. My wife's meal was well prepared and enjoyed thoroughly. My salad was good, but I was never asked by the waiter if I would like ground pepper, which I did request. The pasta which accompanied my steak was good (it originally came to the table with potatoes and vegetables which were not ordered), but again no query as to whether I would like cheese, red peppers, etc. My steak was rare, not the requested medium-medium well. The waiter kindly returned it to the kitchen and brought it back about 10 minutes later, now medium rare. I asked that it be heated a little more and that it be made to go as my wife was now finished with her meal. 10 minutes later a manager appeared at the table saying that she heard I didn't like my steak. I explained that it was under cooked twice, not that I didn't like it, I hadn't even yet had a chance to taste it. She informed me that she had taken $7 off our bill. They then brought the bill without asking if we would like coffee or dessert.. .

Maybe I'm being too picky, but it seems to me that the manager would have been better off asking what had happened and maybe offering dessert instead of $7. We would have stayed, paid for coffee and maybe an after dinner drink while enjoying a sweet treat. I only left with a sour taste in my mouth. This restaurant has been there long enough to be able to handle these tough situations more adroitly. We may go back, but only because my wife enjoyed her meal. I won't know how my steak was until I reheat it in the future. Overall a B- experience at best.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Great casual dining experience - indoors or out!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was surprised to find plenty of parking behind the restaurant on this busy street. I sat on the patio (with the heaters strategically placed to keep away the chill). The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. The menu had a good selection of options with enough creativity to peak my interest in trying some new things. The quality of the food was excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance of the patio for a truly memorable dining experience. It was more pricey than other options in the area - but I thought the food and service justified it.

Next time, I'm going to try dining inside - the bar area looked like a great spot to watch football with a couple of large TVs on the back wall.

• Visited September 2013