“Happy Hour, Sad Dinner”

Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: American Cuisine~Prime and Choice Steaks, Chops, Seafood , Saute', Pasta, Salads, Casual Fare Menu, Bar Menu & Children's Menu. Clams Casino is house speciality! Great Bar area, in addition a separate dining room. Perfect for meeting business associates, friends, or celebrating a special occasion. Weekly lunch and dinner specials. We have an ever changing, and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle,Tap and bottle beer & drink specials. Ample parking along with seasonal patio dining. Free Wi~Fi Newtown's newest truly outstanding restaurant, located in historic Newtown Borough.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice spot to stop for a drink during happy hour. Reasonably priced drafts and appetizers with an exceptional bartender. It all changes after that. Overpriced food and drink and mediocre food to boot. Get there early and enjoy then find a good place to go for dinner.

1  Thank alimentoD
There are newer reviews for Sycamore Grill

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food was just ok. This spot seems to be popular with a local crowd (lots of hellos and friends meeting) but not a place to come for the food alone (just ok) or the atmosphere which is not so mich warm as a bit loud amd more sports bar in tempo. Not a place I'd rush back to...

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the grill recently. The food and service was great. There drink selection was excellent as well. But above all they were honest people I lost a diamond earring and called about it and several days later they called to say someone had turned it in. Which I applaud their honesty and follow up!! Thank you for making my lunch fun with your fancy orange patron margarita and being honest and returning my irreplaceable earring : )

1  Thank Stacyleebee
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went for lunch and had a perfectly fine meal. Good salads, the soups sounded enticing, and the selection was abundant. But, still, I wouldn't go here for a dinner out. The food is very good - fresh, well prepared, solid -- but the atmosphere isn't "happy". It's just okay....TVs show sports shows and yet you don't feel you're at a pub. I'm just not sure what it is or what it wants to be. Identity issues?

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Decided to try the Sycamore Grill one night. We walked in, it was empty, the restaurant looked nice and inviting, I really wanted to stay and enjoy a lovely dinner with my hubby. Nobody was there to greet us, we didn't know if we should sit down ourselves or wait. We waited over 5 min to see if somebody will come and see us, nobody showed up. So we walked out and have never been back to this place since.

1  Thank IzzyB687