“Stumbled Upon, Nice Surprise”
Review of Sycamore Grill

Sycamore Grill
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: American Cuisine~Prime and Choice Steaks, Chops, Seafood , Saute', Pasta, Salads, Casual Fare Menu, Bar Menu & Children's Menu. Clams Casino is house speciality! Great Bar area, in addition a separate dining room. Perfect for meeting business associates, friends, or celebrating a special occasion. Weekly lunch and dinner specials. We have an ever changing, and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle,Tap and bottle beer & drink specials. Ample parking along with seasonal patio dining. Free Wi~Fi Newtown's newest truly outstanding restaurant, located in historic Newtown Borough.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

When we realized our original destination did not open until 4:00 p,m, on Sundays we decided to have a drink and look at the Menu for this new establishment. Once inside my husband realized he had been there for a drink and was not impressed. He was there with a buddy and they ordered Martini's. The bartender stared carefully measuring the shots and when the Martini's were poured they barely came half way up the Martini glass. I can tell you that habit has changed, as we had outstanding cocktails and the drink reached the brim of the Martini glass. That's when we decided to look over the menu, as we were very hungry. The prices seemed very reasonable. I opted for the Arugula Salad with shaved Parmesan and a Fresh Lemon Dressing. It was $7.00 so I figured it would be a fairly small salad, but that was fine. Boy was I wrong, it was huge! I could not finish it. It was delicious!!!! So fresh! My husband ordered the half sandwich (he chose tuna) and the salad (you could have soup it you wanted instead of the salad). He also loved his lunch. The atmosphere is a little blah, could use a little decorating and the dining room tables are in rows, not very imaginative. But that aside, I will go back and I will definitely tell people about this place.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Saturday nite--10 pm: sat down at table in bar area, got NO service. Sat at bar, got NO service. Spoke with manager (???), got NO satisfaction!! horribly POOR experience--NO ONE greeted, noticed, or spoke to us, and NO ONE seemed to care!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great selection of "bar food" and entrees. Bar area is a bit tight during prime time on weekends but the bar tenders handle crowds well.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Dinner was excellent! I love crab cakes and these were among the best that I've ever had. My husband ordered the filet which was expertly prepared.

This place is packed on weekends--now I know why!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Your restaurant and servers was one of the most horrible restaurant experiences of my life. i would eat at mcdonalds then ever comeback to this dump again. The staff and management was clueless and unattentive.