“Been visiting for years, always love this place!”
Review of Rose Bank Winery

Rose Bank Winery
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Newtown
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been going to Rose Bank for a few years now. I enjoy it every time! For $6, you can sample all of their wines. They have now expanded their facility from just a large tasting room to a tasting room in a rustic barn with a beautiful ballroom attached. They have many reds and whites plus a variety of fruit wines and "unusual" wines including an orange port, Raspberry Secret (a raspberry and chocolate wine!), acai wine, and even a coffee wine. For as much as I love standard wines, it's always interesting to try something different. This trip we had the opportunity to chat with a man who I think was the owner. He told us all about how he worked on formulating the various wines--it was quite interesting! It was great to chat with him. Whether or not I like a wine, I do love hearing the story behind its formation (such as the story about trying to make the orange port--they learned that real oranges do not ferment very well!).

If the wines weren't enough, they also have various dips to sample on the counter as well as dips and sauces available for purchase.

We had a great time and will return again!

There are newer reviews for Rose Bank Winery

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This winery apparently is growing according to our daughter and her boyfriend who have been here before. A new larger tasting room is proof of this. Unfortunately for me at least, I wasn't overly impressed with their wines. I guess my tastes just don't match what this winery has to offer. Would recommend others to try this winery but I doubt if I will return. Tasting fee is reasonable (only $6.00 and refundable with purchase of $30.00). Prices are OK, atmosphere good. Just will not add wines from here to our annual wine and cheese party.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The winery itself is nice, just recently moved into a renivated barn. However the owner is very rude. If he expects peple to cme back, he better take a course in human relations. My husband and I sometimes like to share a tasting. When we asked if this was okay, the owner very rudely said"NO". At first, I thought he was joking, but then realized he was serious. He could have explained that the tastings were self serve ( a concept unknown to us Jersey people). I would have understood the rationale, but he had no customer service in him. Upon leaving, my husband mistakenly took his wine glass (which is very common at wineries), when the lady came yelling down the steps outside for the glass...really?! to chase someone for a 25cent glass.
Now for the wine...substandard. I don't know why wineries insist on making large numbers of varietals badly instead of concentrating on 5-8 seriously. Not one good one in the bunch.

3  Thank eastcoastfoodie55
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Local winery, family run business. Great wine tasting experience. Very nice atmosphere and grounds. Some of the buildings are from 1700's.

1  Thank Jasonbum
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were looking for a rustic wedding location for our ceremony and reception. We decided to rent the small barn during the midst of the construction, about 10 months before our wedding date. Although doing this could be pretty risky, we knew that our barn was not going to be changed and ready for our October wedding. We also liked the idea that we could bring our own caterer and decorate as we pleased.

The proprietors - Dave and Beverly were a pleasure to work with. Any question or concern we had, they immediately addressed and did whatever they could to assist. We would stop in on many occasions to view the location with our photographer, our rehearsal, etc, and they were always welcoming and happy to help. They stopped by during our wedding and spoke with my husband to make sure everything was going smoothly, as well - which was very nice!

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful! We married on the grounds by the tree - what a beautiful backdrop for photos! We had our reception on the patio and lower barn, and dancing in the upper barn. Our guests continually told us how gorgeous the setting was and that it was such a nice touch from the standard wedding in a banquet hall. It was intimate, personable and beautifully rustic - everything we wanted.

And the WINE! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great it was! The merlot and blush are outstanding - my personal favorites! We also offered different fruit flavors of wine to our guests (blackberry, pomegranite) and they told us how great they were!

We are so happy with choosing Rose Bank as our venue and would highly recommend to any couple looking for a romantic and rustic location.

Thank you Dave, Beverly and Rose Bank staff!

Donna & Drew