“RUDE,RUDE,RUDE”
Review of Rose Bank Winery

Rose Bank Winery
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Newtown
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The winery itself is nice, just recently moved into a renivated barn. However the owner is very rude. If he expects peple to cme back, he better take a course in human relations. My husband and I sometimes like to share a tasting. When we asked if this was okay, the owner very rudely said"NO". At first, I thought he was joking, but then realized he was serious. He could have explained that the tastings were self serve ( a concept unknown to us Jersey people). I would have understood the rationale, but he had no customer service in him. Upon leaving, my husband mistakenly took his wine glass (which is very common at wineries), when the lady came yelling down the steps outside for the glass...really?! to chase someone for a 25cent glass.
Now for the wine...substandard. I don't know why wineries insist on making large numbers of varietals badly instead of concentrating on 5-8 seriously. Not one good one in the bunch.

3  Thank eastcoastfoodie55

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Local winery, family run business. Great wine tasting experience. Very nice atmosphere and grounds. Some of the buildings are from 1700's.

1  Thank Jasonbum
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were looking for a rustic wedding location for our ceremony and reception. We decided to rent the small barn during the midst of the construction, about 10 months before our wedding date. Although doing this could be pretty risky, we knew that our barn was not going to be changed and ready for our October wedding. We also liked the idea that we could bring our own caterer and decorate as we pleased.

The proprietors - Dave and Beverly were a pleasure to work with. Any question or concern we had, they immediately addressed and did whatever they could to assist. We would stop in on many occasions to view the location with our photographer, our rehearsal, etc, and they were always welcoming and happy to help. They stopped by during our wedding and spoke with my husband to make sure everything was going smoothly, as well - which was very nice!

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful! We married on the grounds by the tree - what a beautiful backdrop for photos! We had our reception on the patio and lower barn, and dancing in the upper barn. Our guests continually told us how gorgeous the setting was and that it was such a nice touch from the standard wedding in a banquet hall. It was intimate, personable and beautifully rustic - everything we wanted.

And the WINE! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great it was! The merlot and blush are outstanding - my personal favorites! We also offered different fruit flavors of wine to our guests (blackberry, pomegranite) and they told us how great they were!

We are so happy with choosing Rose Bank as our venue and would highly recommend to any couple looking for a romantic and rustic location.

Thank you Dave, Beverly and Rose Bank staff!

Donna & Drew

6  Thank DonnaE44
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I would not recommend this place for any celebration based on the quality of service. I chose this winery for an engagement party because of the beautiful site, charm, and flexibility at Rose Bank but the experience and service was a nightmare. They started construction soon before the event. I don't even know how the place was still operating during this time as there was construction equipment and material everywhere, seemed like it could have been a safety concern, and the bathrooms only had a curtain up for privacy and to hide a mess. Whenever we asked for updates and what to expect on our special day, Dave, the owner had no clear answers and was condescending and even insulting on several occasions with me, several of my family members, and even our caterer. I have never experienced such terrible customer service in my life. The rest of his staff is very friendly and polite but unfortunately you must coordinate mostly with the owner. Of course we made the best of the situation and everyone had a blast but everything leading up to the event was stressful and uncertain. Please take these reviews into consideration when finding a site for your event! I wouldn't want anyone to go through what we did!

3  Thank Vcast87
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I wanted to send some special wines with special labels to my son and his wife -to-be in Florida for their wedding. I had never done this before . From their website, I made a list of wines that I wanted to sample . At the winery , John was very helpful in describing each one for me. He also suggested the Riesling which wasn't on my list. It turned out to be my very favorite ! He helped me with the design of the label and emailed the final product. He did this promptly and within a few days, the wine was packaged and on its way. In addition to the Riseling, the Rose Bank Blush was also delicious. I have to try the raspberry that another customer recommended. The prices are very reasonable. The facility looked clean.
My experience at Rose Winery was extremely favorable.