“A great "every day" restaurant”
Review of Jake's Eatery

Jake's Eatery
Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Philly area
“A great "every day" restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Jake's is a very good restaurant. Good food at very reasonable prices. It's one of those places that you don't mind going to if the answer to the question "where do you want to eat out tonight?" is "oh, I don't care; you decide". There's something on the menu for everyone. My preference: the Prime Rib; only $ 14.00 for the large Queen cut that comes with a potato and vegetable selection. It's better than most Prime Ribs I've tasted that cost twice that much.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant, Family Oriented Restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On first entering Jake's, the layout and decor seem out of place in Historic Newtown. Clean and spacious, with high ceilings is just out of character, though there are advantages that go along with that modern ambiance, broken up only by local photos and other items on the walls to remind you where you are.

I generally go to Jake's every few weeks between 7 and 8am on my way home from early morning errands. During the week at that time it's pretty empty, with anywhere from two to six tables with fellow diners, including me. The one time I went later--around 9:30am--Jake's was hopping, mostly with two/three generation families enjoying the tasty fare. But I had a twenty minute wait for a table, too weary to go elsewhere. With all those people, it was louder than my early-morning visits, but the high ceilings kept the decibel level very manageable.

I've sampled a variety of breakfast fare, though Jake's also serves lunch and--more recently--dinner. Breakfasts have generally been tasty and the portions are quite generous, particularly pancakes and French toast. Consider taking some home or simply asking for half-orders. Jake's has a variety of variations on Eggs Benedict, though I started with the original and was sufficiently disappointed in the hollandaise sauce that I have been reluctant to try the others.

Overall, Jake's is a good, solid eatery in Newtown, clearly very family friendly!

Pennsylvania
“Worst breakfast I've ever had”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Beware the sausage is the most disgusting dish that I've ever been served. The link sausage was browned on only one side and pink in the middle. I thought it was undercooked and told the server. She said that the pink color was from the preservative in the sausage. Pork sausage with preservative is actually more gross than undercooked sausage.

I've been throwing up since I got home.

We will never return.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We like going to Jake's for dinner....never tried it for breakfast or lunch, but we will! Large portions of good food and good service. Door step, off street parking. Try it, you'll love it.

• Visited November 2012
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We love coming here, great coffee, delicious breakfasts, ( haven't tried lunch or dinner) and great servers- We love Angie!! Good atmosphere and easy parking.