“Not a family environment, drunk staff, trashy bartenders”
Review of Black Horse Tavern

Black Horse Tavern
Ranked #62 of 85 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Black Horse operates in a 1747 old world thick walled stone building. Situated on the corner of State and Centre St. in the heart of beautiful Newtown PA. We offer amazing entrees to tasty appetizers. Gorgeous Piano Bar open Wednesday thru Saturday. Classic rock on the Main floor every Friday. Come dance with us on Thursdays and Saturdays with DJ Born. Something for everyone Happy hour Monday - Friday 4;30-6:30pm
New Hope
“Not a family environment, drunk staff, trashy bartenders”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This used to be a place I'd bring my family but as the ownership changed, it's now appalling! The food is horrible, the women bartenders look like hookers, they're always drunk on the job, my husband caught a girl bartender doing something illegal in the bathroom, the blonde bartender sleeps with the married men .... Should I say more?!?!? Hope they close because it's a scary environment and you must be careful.

• Visited August 2013

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Happy Hour food, service meh.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My sister and I went on a Wednesday for Happy Hour. Many reviewers said this started at 4PM. They do not open until 4:30 according to the just ok hostess. So we shopped at Gap Body across the street until closer to five. We were then told that Happy Hour starts at 5PM. With five minutes to spare we placed our order. The food was WAY better than your average bar grub. The fries were amazing and so was the hummus. They have a very interesting martini list, however we stuck to beer on tap. When we got our bill the just ok server/bartender had charged us full price for our beer, though she told us she'd hold our order until Happy Hour. Trying to get my husband to go here so I can try their martinis however, he is ALL ABOUT service so he won't budge.

• Visited August 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Best place in town!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hands down, my favorite place in Newtown, PA to eat and drink. No, it's not cheap, and yes the parking is terrible (typical for Newtown) but, the place is beautiful inside, the food and drinks are awesome, and the service is great.

Visited March 2013
Phiiladelphia, PA
“Pretty good but overpriced”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My Husband and I went on a Thursday evening and had drinks and appetizers at the "small bar". The drinks and beer selection are very good but a bit pricy. I had a lemondrop martini and it was $16. We split the sampler appetizer which included the truffle fries, fried vegetable wontons and beef lettuce wraps. The fries were fantastic. Absolutely delicious. The wontons were very tasty too but we weren't a big fan of the lettuce wraps. They were very sweet - I think because of so many beets on them. The staff was friendly enough.

• Visited July 2013
“Bad service, sub par food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Mahi-Mahi lettuce wraps tasted like Bluefish lettuce wraps.... They were pathetic (there is no way that was Mahi-Mahi). The burger buns were at some point frozen (both hard and gross). At the end, the waitress forgot to take off the 10% cash discount. When I asked her about it, it seemed oddly shady that she immediately seemed guilty. I'm a generous tipper, as I leave 25% on most occasions, but this girl was weird and up to something. It's never a good thing when the hardest working individual in the restaurant is the bus boy. Kudos to him for busting his butt. I had an awful experience, and I will never go back to this place.

• Visited June 2013