“Awesome & sustainable food, fun atmosphere, great for sports”
Review of The Green Parrot

The Green Parrot
Ranked #39 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I always default to the green parrot when we are up in the air about where to go for dinner or drinks. I love that the beef is grass fed and organic and that the other animal products are sustainably caught/raised. We are foodies and have always been happy with everything we have ordered on the menu. Fun place to be on a friday or saturday night and perfect place to watch football on a sunday.

There are newer reviews for The Green Parrot

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have been here about 6 times. I don't know why people are giving this pub low marks as we have always enjoyed good meals here. The jambalaya is excellent as is the chicken pot pie. A good selection of beers and the biggest booths around. The wait staff have always been very friendly. Don't be afraid to try this place!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Green Parrot is a great place for food and drink. The bar scene is excellent. They have live music on weekends. They usually have attractive bar maids. Very good service at the bar.
The food is very good too. They have a nice dining room and an outdoor dining room with vinyl flaps if it get chilly.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

After being open for a few years, my wife and I, both residents of Newtown, decided we'd give this place a try. While we like to eat outside, this restaurant doesn't have outside dining, but they do have a porch. The night we went, the porch appeared to have several open tables. When we walked in, the hostess said the porch was reserved for a party. We were going to leave but then decided to stay and eat inside. The waitress came to our table quickly. My wife ordered a drink, which was rather pricey and we ordered some nachos as an appetizer. They came within five minutes. The chips were stale, the topping sparce. For dinner, we decided to share a cheese steak panini. We live 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, the cheese steak capital of the world. How could this be bad? It was. Slapped between some sort of oddly shaped roll was a whole piece of steak. Not really steak, it was more like a whole piece of fat and gristle. Because I have the teeth of a beaver, I was able to bite through my half. My wife had to cut hers in infant size pieces. After a few minutes, she gave up.

1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed July 22, 2012

one word terrible and overpriced...yes that is two words, but the food is horrible, drinks overpriced...go for the bar, but not for dinner