“should have listened to my friends on this place”
Review of The Green Parrot

The Green Parrot
Ranked #39 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

one word terrible and overpriced...yes that is two words, but the food is horrible, drinks overpriced...go for the bar, but not for dinner

There are newer reviews for The Green Parrot

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice atmosphere with fireplace central in the dining room, and nice outdoor bar area. But, every single time we've dined there they are out of at least one or two menu items. They never seem to alert the waitstaff to the deficit, and servers ending up taking our order and then coming back embarassed that the kitchen is out. They been out of entrees, desserts, even coffee during one visit. How can you run out of coffee with a supermarket within walking distance? Unfortunately not worth the $. Always seems mismanaged and also needs better promotion.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Horrible food. Horrible service. Please don't waste your time coming here. When the owners get a clue to what people deserve and need, then try it again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great bar. Very nice Newtown location. Outdoor covered deck.
Can get real crowed and loud - both very good traits for an irish bar!
Never ate at restaurant which seems very nice but I have heard that the food is good

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went once when they first opened...was very disappointed, the second time was the biggest mistake of me life. The service was non-exsistant, the waitstaff spent most of their time huddle around the kitchen texting and chatting. No wonder there was only one other table of diners when we arrived. The food, OMG,,,,I barely made it home before being violently ill. They should call their hamburger the big queasy...I only ate a third of it before I started feeling sick. I don't eat fast food but I'd eat at McDonald's before I step foot in there again.