“Good Date Night Spot”

Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been here a couple of times and once being on my birthday with my husband. I love the food, atmosphere and the fact that the restaurant is BYOB. I love how intimate and cozy the restaurant which is also why you have to make reservations. My favorite entree is Bob's plate...lots of seafood in pasta with a blush sauce, can't go wrong. Will definitely come back again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went with friends we have not seem in months on a saturday. It was about 12:30 and 2 other guests were dining. Shortly there after 3 more tables were filled. It was quiet and comfortable. The server offered us regular or garlic bread, we chose the latter. I had the Gorgonzola pasta. Very good and a lot of tasty ingredients. Nice large portion and served hot. 2 of my friends had salads and the other pasta boulonaze. Can't spell that one lol. We stayed for 1 1/2 hours and had a really great time with our friends, We were offered a second order of bread, and the ice teas and water were always full. I like that. So go with freinds and enjoy.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you've ever been to Francisco's on the River in Washington Crossing, you know what to expect at Florentino's in Newtown. The menu is almost exactly the same, without the additional drive time along the Delaware River. Super cute (and very small) BYOB on State Street in Newtown. As noted, the menu is the same as Francisco's, so the whole wheat garlic bread was a must. Their specials are also the same as the Francisco's location, so I went with the tilapia and crab dish and my husband went with their cappelini and crab (usually one of our favs.) The only difference for the pasta was that the sauce is a little less pink vodka and a little more heartburn marinara. Our waitress was superb and very attentive. Overall, it was very good, but we'd probably stick to Francisco's for the view, the charming "old house" sort of feel and the outdoor seating instead of Florentino's.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We dined at Florentino's last month on a rainy eve. It's a byob, so I selected an Australian wine. We sat on the enclosed terrace area enclosed with large glass pane window walls, which gave us a view of the river. Chatting it up while indulging in Italian onion soup, seafood appetizer and grilled meat entrees, all while catching views of a soft rain falling onto the Delaware River. We capped it off with a decadent sweet confection and coffee. What an enjoyable rainy eve...

1  Thank TJ W
Reviewed April 12, 2014

dined there last sat. night 4/5/14 the food was ok but the waitress kind of killed it for us.forgot my wifes salad,which can happen since they write nothing down and rely on memory.my bill came to 90.00 I presented her with a 30.00 gift certificate and left her $80.00. as I am getting in my car I hear my name being called by the waitress outside.i asked her what was the matter and she replied your bill was 90.00 and you left me $80.00.i then said to her did you take off the 30.00 gift certificate and you have a 20.00 tip? her reply I forgot and walked away.no apology nothing. I would not go back fair food lousy waitress shelly

3  Thank Shelly K