All reviewsnew chefprime ribcrab cakesno elevatorwedge saladstayed one nightbreakfast roomfirst floorkathybrunch
Reviewed October 11, 2017

The pictures of these rooms are from back when they first created them. Our $220.00 a nite room was very DARK...minimal lighting. There were no tissues or coasters in the room and the phone was grossly dirty. The bathroom sink was SO SMALL I could barely wash my face. As I looked down the tile walls in the bathroom, I could see soap scum streaks down the walls. When I pulled back the bed covers....the sheets had 2 stains on them and someone else's rolled up hair!!!!! Yikes!!!! The bed side tables were dusty as was the bathroom floor corners. I can't even imagine how many germs are in those ancient oriental rugs....ugh!!!

The person who checked us in could not even tell us how to get to the Rite Aid, nearby...?

Room Tip: Look somewhere else. Plenty of nearby good places.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I recently traveled to the area to visit family and friends. I came upon The Temperance House Inn because many of the major chains in the area were booked. It was a fortunate thing for us that this was the case.

The inn is historic and well kept. Our room was roomy and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere of the inn, we felt at home and welcomed.

One thing, and not the fault of the hotel, just a circumstance of location; parking is a challenge. Check the back first you may get lucky, if not, grab the first place you find on the street.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank egallag
Reviewed September 17, 2017

The room photos don't do the place justice. We stayed in the Chloe loft, but saw several other rooms and all were lovely. The inn is similar to one you might find in a small town in the U.K: a warren of halls and stairs, some traversing 1720's era wood flooring. The owners have remained true to this idea, and haven't tried to modernize the layout, which I appreciate. You do have to carry your bags up a short flight or two of stairs, but this is part of the charm, and the staff offered to carry our bags as well. Room was very quiet. A real find in a charming small town.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tonymsrad
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely large room on the first floor, next to which was a patio area where we could smoke. The rooms were clean, had all facilities needed. breakfast room close by, where tea and coffee were available 24 hours a day. Though was very confusing working out how to use some of the appliances, so instructions would have been helpful. Bar with live music downstairs ., which surprisingly doesn't affect the rooms. In a great location ,on the main street, parking available on street or behind the Inn .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I understand it's an old historical building and it's inexpensive- but it just felt grubby .
A/c in the room but the rest of the place was sweltering.
Basic breakfast included ( really basic )
I don't think I would stay here again

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business