“Bland Gluten free expensive pizza”

Jules Thin Crust Pizza
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Pizza
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Bland Gluten free expensive pizza”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Well, not sure what happened in the last two years but we revisited one of our favorite gluten-free pizza places and I was sadly disappointed. The pizza was bland and the toppings were very skimpy. I am a celiac who eats GF and lactose-free foods. I make my food from scratch, and do not use a lot of sugar or salt. That said, the GF crust was impressive. It had a great texture and was very foldable (unusual for most GF products) but it had no flavor. Needs a little salt in the mix and some good olive oil. That was unfortunately true for all of the items on top of the pizza. Either they are no longer using delicious organic vegetables or else they need to find a new distributor with better tasting veggies. The carmelized onions were not sweet and sparse, the spinach was bland, the mushrooms were bland and cut so thin that they barely existed, and the 1/2 tsp. dollops of goat cheese were ridiculous. It was like eating GF pizza crusts with powdered vegetables and cheese on the top. I asked for olive oil on the crust since I can't eat tomatoes, and it had very little flavor. Nothing had a good flavor but maybe that was because there was so little to taste too. They need to go back to the good old days when they made delicious tasting GF pizzas.

• Visited January 2013

northeast US
“nice variety”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Jules has some great variety of topping that i do not see at a typical pizza place. The dough is gluten free if your are into that. This leaves the crust lacking a bit of flavor compared to other dough. I don't mind it though. They have a nice assortment of gourmet sodas. the atmosphere is fine. laid back pizza joint attitude.
we live close. we get this once in a while for a change of pace. I wouldn't want this type of pizza every week.
check it out.

• Visited December 2012
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Too much hype, and not impressed”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Definitely not impressed. The pizza was ok. I know this place gets a lot of hype, but we have been here a few times and each time it doesn't get any better. The staff is not attentive, in fact we had to encourage conversation and service from them on each occassion. They were more interested in talking to each other than taking care of customers. This leads me to believe that management oversight is lacking. They are definitely over-priced for what they serve.

• Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get a Salad”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Best place to grab a good salad in Newtown. The pizza is pretty good as well. They get their organic salad greens from a local far in buckingham that sells micro greens. Good stuff....

Visited November 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Thin Crust, not thin on taste.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were visiting friends in eastern Pennsylvania last weekend and after a long day at Six Flags they suggested we grab some pizza for dinner. A great idea considering we had 4 tired kids between us, although I was a little worried about waiting in a restaurant with said tired kids. To my surprise Jules Thin Crust is more fast food than sit-down, and i mean that in the most complimentary way. It's the best way to describe the ordering process, but the pizza was far from fast food. The large variety of pizzas stretched from standard cheese and sausage to greek feta pizza. There are tons of choices and they are all made with local farm fresh ingredients. I believe they have 4 locations around that part of Pennsylvania, but if they ever decide to expand, i'll be first in line.

• Visited September 2012