“Great fresh tuna salad”

Salvatore Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in New Tripoli
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Met a girlfriend here for lunch and had a great meal. The chef made my friend the tuna fish fresh to order and put it on fresh bread. She raved about the sandwich. The french fries were fresh cut potatoes, nothing prepackaged or frozen. I ordered a small stromboli and it was great! We each took 1/2 of our meals home for dinner.

2  Thank hillyeee

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This little strip mall gem would be worth a 2 or 3 hour drive. We drove 20 minutes based on the reviews here, and were well rewarded! The food is as authentic as you can get. The Mozzarella, we guessed, is made in house, and the Chef confirmed that. Highest quality Olive Oil, Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts made up their Caprese. We went with the Regular Stromboli and were in complete Heaven! The House made Tomato Sauce, served alongside, tasted of the best Grilled Tomatoes and EVOO. The Stromboli itself was stuffed full of a top notch assortment of meats and the house made cheese. On the recommendation of the Chef/Owner we also tried their Veal Scallopini with Mushrooms, Ham and Cheese Sauce. Even my wife, not a huge Veal fan, dug in for several bites! All in all if you are in the Southern Poconos/Allentown/Dutch Country take a drive to New Tripoli for this out of the way Italian Goldmine!

4  Thank fredblues
Reviewed February 5, 2011

On the way home, I stopped for a sandwich at this unassuming, small italian restaurant/pizza shop. I asked for a tuna and tomato on sub roll. The chef, who is the owner, asked if I'd like one of his freshly baked rolls which had just come out of the oven, a new version with an egg wash on top. "Sure," I said. He then asked if I minded waiting a couple of minutes while he made up the tuna, which he does each time tuna is ordered. He dislikes tuna that isn't immediately fresh. "No problem," I said. It only took a couple of minutes. When he gave me the sandwich, he said his tuna is very special due to a couple of secrets -- a little lemon juice and mustard. It was simply fantastic, as was the heavenly roll. I love tuna sandwiches and have had them all over, beginning with my mother's own while I was growing up. This was perhaps the best I ever had, certainly in the last 20-30 years. If you are in the area, don't miss this place. He is really serious about the food, and the food is seriously great.

3  Thank freddiemerion
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Incredible Italian cuisine in what looks from outside to be a common pizza joint. The "small" calzone ($5) could have fed three people. The rolls for the meatball subs (I think they call them heroes around there) were on homemade bread that was so good my dinner companions were swooning. The Caprese salad was a masterpiece, featuring besides fresh mozzarella: pesto, artichokes, sundried tomatoes and tomatoes fresh from the owner's garden. We were trying to order light, we spent very little, and there was more food than we could eat. Don't be fooled by outside appearances -- a GREAT meal awaits here!

4  Thank Whimsee
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This place is simply amazing. The pizza has real cheese not imitation cheese. The sauce is made from a old itailian recipe. Entres are hugh and prepared properly, all served in a warm atmophere. This chef knows what he's doing. His bread is made on site and by the chef Vito. With a freindly atmosphere, you'll have a great meal as well as a time.

3  Thank LOUEAGLE