“great place for camping” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allentown KOA Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Tripoli
Allentown KOA Campground
Philly
“great place for camping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

My 2 teenage sons and myself have stayed many times over the past 5 years. The staff are always pleasant, helpful and alway willing to help and hold a conversation. Of course the sons enjoy the activities at the campground and going to Dorney Park. Being Scouts (one of them being an Eagle) they enjoy the fun of pitching the tent and planning and cooking meals and just enjoy doing the normal Scout stuff and DP is a perk at staying at this KOA. The staff will help with anything thing you throw there way, if they can't they will find out the answer and get back to you.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank toshort

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
cuba ,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

MY husband and I were planning on taking a trip to Atlantic City Nj for a few days, as we have every year, but this time we had problems with our truck and could not pull our fifth wheel. My husband and I were 300 miles from home and was not familiar with the area at all, we ended up stopping at a business (fuel injectors),who at this location could not assist us, but told us about the KOA campground near.
I called the owners, who reported that they were not open at this time, as the had to clean up around the campground after a "not so good" winter. After talking with the owner and telling her our dilemna, she graciously invited us to the campground, with the understanding of the "poor condition" of the campground this time of year.
We arrived safely (after ripping off all the vents on the camper after going under a low railroad bridge), owner met us there- directed us to a site and told us if there was anything we needed to contact them.
To our surprise, this campground looked just fine. We loved the location (in a valley), campsites right beside a nice trout creek and the way it was set up- it had everything you needed to enjoy your stay.
My husband and I were still having troulbe with our truck, and thanks to this KOA, they allowed us to extend our stay for a couple more nights.
Thanks Again!!!! Mr. and MRs. Caster of Cuba, NY

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Very clean, friendly staff, lots of activites, beautiful setting,overall geat campground!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
      Rooms
massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

After 1/2 hour of arriving at this campground I noticed I had been charged a few dollars more on my credit card than I had been quoted over the phone. When I enquired about this with the young lady at the desk I was spoken to in an amazingly rude way. Not only did she refuse to refund the difference, she invited me to leave if I did not like the price! Obviously a couple of dollars is more imporatnt to this KOA than having a happy customer, and they certainly don't care about customer feedback. Needless to say, I will never stop at this place again.

• Liked — rural setting
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gingerboy62
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

Stopped here on the way to Cape May for one night. The staff was very helpful. They escort you to the site and then offer any help that may be needed. We were new to our pop up so the staff member helped us get leveled.

The showers and bathroom are super clean. It was a great stay. We had a site right next to the small stream.

• Liked — The clean facilities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank tim90
ellie01
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

This campground is a good choice if you are staying here to do other activities in the area. There is not much to do in this campground other than swimming in the small pool. The basketball court was extremely small. There were no activities whatsoever. The cabin sights have no water so if you need water you have to go to an area by the bathroom which was a bit scary. I am grateful that I had a GPS to get around the area which allowed me and my family to visit the Crystal Caverns and a local winery both of which were great places to visit. Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom is 10 miles away from this campground and it is a great place to visit if you are staying in this campground.

2 Thank ellie01
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Tripoli
Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground

Been to Allentown KOA Campground? Share your experiences!