“A belated Christmas present”

Blue Mountain Vineyards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For over 30 years, Blue Mountain has produced a wide range of wines produced from grapes grown in the Lehigh Valley's New Tripoli, PA. The Lehigh Valley has an incredible micro climate similar to that of the northern Burgundy region of France, as well as the southern part of the Loire Valley. Pair that with soil that is rich with shale and limestone and you have a recipe for world class "old world" style wines. We pride ourselves on creating a fun and friendly connection with our customers. Ultimately, our efforts are focused on making world-class wine. We have been producing international, award-winning wines and even as we grow our motto remains unchanged, "Quality over quanity."
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 6, 2014

For Christmas 2013, my wife was looking for a "different" gift for me (I'm a difficult person to shop for). She came across a winery tour, wine tasting event from Blue Mountain. Fast-forward to July 2014, we went to the winery. First of all, is the tour - which is basically a 45-minute history of wine making by the owner Joe. This "tour" is done in the downstairs level of the winery - basically, the basement with different machines and oak kegs and stainless-steel containers. After the tour, we ascend to the main floor where you get to sample five different wines (your choice of the 5), along with cheese and chocolate samples. When the tour is over, you get to keep your wine glasses as souvenirs. This is not a "wow" event; however, if you're looking for something different to do on a Sunday afternoon (and have some interest in wine), this was not a bad way to spend the afternoon. We had a Groupon coupon for $25 (normally, it it costs $50) . I had no issues with Joe or staff - they were all very courteous and friendly. This is actually a smart way by the winery to sell wine. They get you in by offering the tour and tasting, with the hope of selling you wine (we bought 6 bottles). Again, this was not a "wow" event, but it was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon (we had to travel an hour to get there).

There are newer reviews for Blue Mountain Vineyards

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very good tasting "blush wine"! Purchased 200 bottles for daughters wedding that were made with special labels and they were done very well.
Nice place to visit and have small parties, showers, etc.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friends and I were extremely unimpressed by the unprofessional staff, and very lackluster experience on our recent first time visit (June 8). We did the option that included tasting 5 wines and cheese pairings, and a souvenir take home wine glass. As we picked out the 5 wines we each wanted to taste, we noticed the staff running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Half of them sounded like they had no idea what they were doing, and the other half was busy yelling out directions). I was anticipating a calm, and relaxed experience but the loud and unprofessional staff prevented that. When someone eventually stopped to talk to us, we were told they would suggest which cheeses and wines paired well together, etc. We were handed our plates of cheese, and given a brief description of each cheese. Well, that lady walked away and someone else took her place. She started pouring wine, and left everything else for us to figure out on our own...she offered no suggestions, no information about the wines we were selecting, no guidance in the wine and cheese pairings. It was such a waste of time and money. Really, don't waste your time with this place. You're better off buying your favorite bottle of wine and enjoying it at home...

5  Thank Ivy M
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I went to the winery today with my husband and we were very disapointed! The wine tour was not a tour at all! All the tour guy talked about was himself and how he hates sweet wines and how we should not drink them. I thought his comments were very inappropriate and rude! I thought we would have a tour of how the wine is made and bottled but instead all we got was don't drink sweet wine and about his life in California when he worked there. He also told us sweet wine gives you love handles. Instead of complaining about what wine he does and does not like he should of talked about the process of making wine and the wines they have. I would never go back! Don't go if you enjoy any kind of sweet wine because he will be rude to you only go if you like dry!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

the wines are OK, if you like tannins like me, nothing to rock your world. if you do the tasting they have cheese plates to go with it but they do not tell you. they are on the side in a case then you have to go back to the front of the store and pay there. For the tasting, it was a weekend and busy and OK with the wait to get to the tasting bar. The part we did not like was the staff doing the tasting was also answering the phones and tending to reservations and other functions. I do not expect them to hover over me. But waiting for your next sample is not good customer service. They should have a staff person just for the phone and the other functions going on.