“Pleasantly surprised & btw, GREAT staff!”

New Stanton Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I only read these reviews after booking my room, and so I was somewhat worried about my stay. Overall, however, it was a terrific experience. I thought my room was spacious and clean, despite showing its age, and I loved the private balcony.

The best point was the GREAT STAFF, however. Very friendly and accommodating upon check in, but when my teen-aged daughter hurt herself--100% through her own misbehavior, it had nothing to do with the hotel or its staff--the woman at the desk was a God-send. She offered to call an ambulance (which we didn't need), provided ice for the injury, printed directions to the nearest hospital, and generally went out of her way to make sure my daughter was taken care of. We received the same treatment by the man who I think was the manager when we checked out: he showed lots of concern, brought us more ice, offered to help my daughter to the car, etc.

I wish I'd asked the woman's name who helped us that night so I could write a formal thank you letter: it was Sat 8/31/2013, approximately 6:00 p.m. THANK YOU so much for all of your care and assistance!

Yes, the pool was closed, which seemed odd to me, and the breakfast was kind of pitiful. But these are minor concerns overall. When I travel, primarily I want to know that I will sleep well in a clean, comfortable, and functioning room--and that the staff will be willing to go above and beyond to make me feel welcomed. And that is exactly what I received at this Howard Johnson motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

#3 of 8 in New Stanton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to New Stanton Garden Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Stanton Garden Inn

Address: 112 W Byers Ave, P.O. Box 90, New Stanton, PA 15672-9431 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn New Stanton)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > New Stanton
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Price Range: $48 - $90 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — New Stanton Garden Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your New Stanton Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn New Stanton Hotel New Stanton