“Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
CANTON
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay in different hotels all over the country for work and this was the worst customer service, bedding, and smelling place I have been.
We arrive at 3pm which was the official check-in time and we were told we were going to have to wait until at least 4:30 or 5pm before any rooms will be ready. At no point did they take responsibility or apologize in anyway. Once we were able to get our room we found it in need of update, we had to call the front desk to request a remote for the tv, the bedding was very uncomfortable and smelled of smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room (I think it may be because the housekeeping/laundry room seemed to be used for the staff smoking room). The sound traveled through rooms very loudly and anytime another room used their sliding door it would rattle our. The breakfast was also a disappointment and there was not enough food or seating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

3 Thank AMY S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arlington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is old and needs to be renovated. It is not a good choice for anyone with allergies: non-smoking room but obviously once was a smoking room. Old ceiling tiles, old carpet & HVAC. It was quiet, though & we needed a room!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank MHK910
Butler Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was working the the area I did not need anything fancy as I wouldn't have time to use them any way.
The hotel is older and could use updated, but it meets the basic needs; bed, tv, micro wave, coffee pot and refridge. The shower was not really "hot" but, maybe it was my timing in the am when ever one else was getting ready too.
My room was on the end, and it was noisy. but it is located near three major routes, so what can you expect? That is part of the attraction if your working, it's convientent to the major routes. If your not reimbused for travel, it's an okay place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank Leea951
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The only complaint I have is the rooms walls had wall paper that had been painted over and was falling off the walls in a couple of areas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Let me start off by saying, that this hotel is wonderful for the price!!!! Warm and friendly front desk (ask for Caline or Liz). They are smart about the area and what to do around there. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I have read the reviews and I don't think people know what bed bugs are. Watch the news before saying a place has bed bugs. I found a small moth in my room and I feel that anyone, including myself, could have brought it in. I had a small dog with me and the desk informed me that I would be staying in a pet approved room. The room was wonderful. You'd expect it to smell like a previous pet but it didn't. I will be making all of my travel plans to include the Howard Johnson Inn in New Stanton. It's terrible how people bash a place before knowing all of the information.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wooster, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel was a dump! The room was old and smelled bad. We woke up in the morning to bites on us and about 15 visible bed bugs on our sheets. I called the front desk to address the issue and she lied to me and said that they have never had bed bugs and I would need to speak to the owner. I called the owner and he told me yes they do have bed bugs and they try to treat them and then people bring them in. I told him that I now had a huge problem to deal with to make sure none of the bed bugs got into my house and he told me that I should expect bed bugs at every hotel I stay in!!! Really??? That is the attitude of the owner of this hotel!!! Then when we arrived at 8:55 for breakfast not knowing it only went til 9:00 it was already cleaned up which was fine since I really didn't trust their cleanliness but I asked if I could have some milk for my 1 yr. old to have his bottle she cocked an attitude. In the end the owner did refund my money but I would never recommend this to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to New Stanton Garden Inn? Share your experiences!