“Eastcoast vacation”

Days Inn New Stanton PA
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the hotel and received a very nice price on the room. A motorist in the parking lot was very upset that he could not pass under the canopy (there was a second car on the lot too and it was restricted to check-in/out) and not to be used for the expressway for this motorist and became very upset we were stopped to check in.
Hotel was nice and our room was close and good.
Breakfast the next morning was different as the room was very small and became very crowded with more that 8-10 people there. I was suprised to find that the eggs and sausage were frozen and you had to microwave them to warm them up but afterwards they were very good.
Overall it was a good stay and choice in hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Traveling back from a trip we needed a place to stay close to I 70 and Penna turnpike. We chose Days Inn as it was half the price of the several other hotel choices. We made a big mistake. It was dinner time and hoped to eat in their restaurant but it was closed for Memorial Day. We were surprised as it is a very traveled holiday and people need to eat. That was the start of disappointments. The bathroom floor had a coating on it like baby oil which was slippery. The ceiling had been previously patched and a section was falling down. The blow dryer didn't work either. I turned down the bed to find black specs from the pillow to midway down the bed on one side. It was a non smoking room so I wasn't sure what they were. Positive things about the room were: microwave, fridge, the extra sink and mirror outside the bathroom and the slider door out to a patio close the pool. The hot breakfast was also good. I would not stay there again. Old rooms that needs to be updated.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed there because it was on our way home...next time we will stay because it was good!!
we got there and needed food and rest ...got both at a fair price..the restaurant down stairs was really good..steak done perfectly and my pork chops were wonderful. cocktails were good and our waitress (name escapes me) a thin darkhaired pretty girl was great. we will return on our next trip..for sure!!~ Julia & Warren

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Warren F
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I arrived at 3:15 knowing that check in was at 3:00 I discovered they were still working on preparing my room. I only wish they had over booked and sent me elsewhere. Unfortunately it was a prepaid reservation so I was STUCK! This place is horrific and should be condemned and razed. I cannot think of a single thing that was enjoyable about this Days Inn. Maybe the chorus line of Roaches on the vanity.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The Days inn on West Byers Avenue has all the usual things you get at a motel. But, it has something special that makes it worth staying there rather than other motels: a really good chef. Try his chicken marsala. He makes burgers and fries too, but the entree menu goes far beyond what you usually get at any motel restaurant. And the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank anne p
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We made reservations to stay in this hotel because it was convenient and allowed pets. The room was filthy dirty and there was black mold on the wall by the windows and the adjoining wall as well as on the wall in the bathroom. The floors were filthy with old food under the bedside table. Due to an accident that closed the Pa. Turnpike all hotels in the area were booked or we would have left. The front desk said there was no one from housekeeping to clean the room and all other rooms were booked. Stay healthy and Stay Elsewhere!

Room Tip: Mold stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gladk
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed one night at the Days Inn New Stanton, PA while traveling through from Ohio to New York. We chose this place because it allows pets and the fee is only $10 and I'm a Wyndham Rewards member.

The exit where the motel is located is decent. Several options for breakfast the next morning. The motel was pretty run down. They do have a bar in the same building but we didn't visit it.

Check-in was a breeze and the woman at the front desk was friendly and chatty. The room wasn't great, but for $55 per night, what can one expect? The bed was comfortable, there was decent water pressure, and it had a really nice flat screen TV and HBO.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here on a vacation or anything, but for one night, passing through, I'd stay here again.

My only complaint was the breakfast offered by the motel. It was pretty sad. There were zero healthy options like yogurt or fresh fruit. They had frozen disks of sausage and eggs sitting out that needed to be microwaved along with plain bagels and a toaster. They also had a waffle maker and waffles. Needless to say, we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family