“The Desk Help Were the Best”

Days Inn New Stanton PA
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Cedar Springs, MI
“The Desk Help Were the Best”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Days Inn just last week. We happened upon it quite by chance, looking for hotel after 5 hours of driving.
The lady at the front dest was quick, smiling, helpful and attuned to our needs.
The room was quite adequate, although it appeared the rain (some time ago) stained the ceiling.
The lady at the front desk was also very helpful as we were checking out, and I told her so. The manager was standing nearby, heard this, and asked I send in this review.
Overall, the room was quite adequate to our needs. We found it clean and neat and of a good size. A bonus was a flat screen TV to watch game 1 of the world series.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We planned to stay two nights, but left after one and would have left sooner if we could have found another place nearby. I booked this place because the pictures online looked nice and they said they had weddings there - how bad could a place be if they advertise it as a banquet hall? It was bad. We requested a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke and had cigarette hole burns in the blankets. The floor was filthy, there were nail clippings on the carpet and some food wrappers under the bed. The carpets throughout the hotel were disgusting. I went with my kids and everyone was afraid to walk in the hallways it was that sketchy. The hallways were filled with dominos garbage and bags of beer cans. This is not a nice place for anyone to go to - families, single people, couples, business people - everyone should stay away and the owners should be embarrassed about the state of their business.. Next night we went to a Red Roof Inn that was the same price and 100x better.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Krys N

Travelers are raving about these New Stanton hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 20, 2011

RE: Banquet hall - we held our reception at Spritzers, which is attached to the hotel... Our guests were impressed with the setup and lighting, the food was fantastic, the banquet staff was very helpful and friendly, and it was way more budget-friendly than it looked. I LOVED using this place for our reception.
~~
RE: Hotel - I have no idea how the room rates work since everybody seemed to be getting different prices over the phone vs online, but the rates seemed reasonable and the best of any hotels in the area.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and being attached to the banquet hall was perfect. My only complaint was that the AC units were loud and finicky... I couldn't seem to get the room temp right for anything.

The rooms aren't the best I've ever stayed in (I'm assuming because New Stanton is such a heavily-traveled location, major updates may be pretty difficult for any hotel in the area), but for the price, convenience and overall experience, I was *very* pleased.

Room Tip: If you have specific needs for your room, just ask when you're booking and they'll tell you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was an awful experience. We chose this hotel because Days Inn gave it a 5 Sunburst rating. It is not at all what it purports to be. The room was disgusting. The front desk people had no interest in helping guests and did not want to be pulled away from whatever they were doing on the computer. We asked for more towels--we had only 3 for 4 people. Front desk person said they had no more! We asked for conditioner--front desk person said they don't have it. I went to use the computer in the lobby--which was absolutely ancient and incredibly slow, and really disgusting. The place reeked of alcohol from patrons of the bar/restaurant, and there seemed to be families living in the rooms and eating breakfast with other guests (at the incredibly poor breakfast bar) before sending their kids off to their first day of school. We would NEVER stay here again and NEVER would recommend this to anyone. What a horrible experience and a rip-off.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in order to get the best room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank LoveToTravelWhenICan
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Upon entering there was a sign that said "please wipe your feet." I found the sign entertaining because I don't think the carpets have been cleaned since the hotel opened which looked like about 200 yrs ago. This hotel was disgusting. I have stayed at plenty of hotels and this by far was the worst hotel I have ever seen. The first floor is filled with people living out of the rooms and I am guessing they use the disgusting swimming pool as their bathing facility. There is dirt everywhere. The entire building smells foul. There was water dripping out of an electrical outlet that they had put trashcan under to catch the water in the middle of a hallway. The computer in the lobby for internet access is about 20 years old. I could not sleep for fear of getting bitten by bugs from the bed. I was very tempted to just sleep in my car for the night. A joke was made that the car wash across the street would have been a cleaner place to sleep. I don't see how this hotel has a single decent review but take my advice....... do not chance staying at this hotel. It is DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kerrimeaway
Arendtsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were coming from the east and wanted to get close enough to Washington, PA, that we had only an hour or less to drive the next day, As many of the hotels in Washington were full and what was left was more expensive, we thought we would try one in New Stanton, PA, right off the turnpike but still next to I-70. It is an older hotel. The rooms have been or are being redone. Our room was large and clean with plenty of space for three people overnight. The beds were queen size and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom area was laid out with two large sink areas, one being outside of the full bath which made it very workable with 3 of us. The check-in staff was very nice and quickly checked us in. We did have to ask for a second key to the room which they promptly gave us. They sent us to the back to park as our room was more accessible from there. The parking lot was in dire need of repaving. The keyed outside doors to the hallways worked but were flimsy, dirty, and in need of repair. The hallways were not kept up like the rooms and needed redone and cleaned. The layout of the hotel is very confusing with little signage to help. To get to our room we had to make a couple of turns to find the elevator. Then, when we got off the elevator, there were no signs to indicate which way to go to the room. As far as getting to the lobby for breakfast (again no signs or directions), if you went to the first floor you missed the lobby and ended up on a lower level in a smoke filled bar. To reach the lobby, you had to go to the second floor then walk down a few steps. We finally opted to drive around to the front as it was less confusing to my mother. The breakfast had waffles and bagels - very nice. But there was no milk to be had for coffee and cereal as the milk was locked up and the person with the key was not around. I did not see any fresh fruit. The breakfast area itself was too small for the number of people there at the time and the size of the motel. It was also not being cleaned often enough as the tables and chairs were somewhat sticky in areas. The motel had been full that night even though it was a Thursday. It looked like construction workers had been regular occupants in the area. I might stay here again although my mother said it was a good place to try but wouldn't want to go back. It appeared that the owners my have been trying to save money but needed to be putting more in the hotel for upgrading and cleaning.

Room Tip: I would call the establishment directly. We prepaid at the hotel website and got a slight discount.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ApplePieMom
Bedford TX
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The prices were the most reasonable in the area and right close to all the restaurants. I made friends with everyone from the manager to the cleaning staff. My room was clean and comfortable. I would definately want to return there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Knights Inn Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
#8 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Days Inn New Stanton PA? Share your experiences!