“The worst place Ive ever stayed in”

Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed June 26, 2012

After traveling for 2 years now for my job, I've never seen anything like this. Noisy all hours of the night. Dirty, then I saw the same person from the front counter cleaning the rooms, it only took 5 minutes, no cart, no vacuum. I left early.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Manoj K, Manager at Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Lauren T,
Thank you for your feedback.
And we apologize for your negative experience during your stay with us.
Mainly, you had issues with our services. Regarding this, I like to inform you that our management is completely changed and for housekeeping we have different people working with us. At present, we are checking rooms after housekeeping is done. If we find any issue, we resolve it right away.
Our place is very quite now, we make rounds in all lobbies, so if we find too much noise, we can take actions.
Still, if you have any suggestion for us, please let us know, so we can upgrade our services more.
We hope you will give us an another chance and stay with us. We promise, your experience will be completely different and of course better.
Thanks again

There are newer reviews for Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I found this hotel through one of those coupon magazines you see in rest stops, and figured I couldn't go wrong for $40 for a room with free Wi-Fi just to spend the night (I was driving from Detroit to Washington, D.C. at the time). Well, here's what went wrong:

--> A good hotel will have instructions on a table or dresser in the room for how to access their Wi-Fi (but my room did not; I had to get that from someone at the front desk, and that took a while because the regular front desk staff were--you guessed it--on vacation themselves)
--> They couldn't take credit cards because the credit card swipe thing didn't work
--> The hallway smelled dirty (I noticed blackpupchucky said something similar)
--> One electrical outlet did not work at all
--> The carpet in the room was not vacuumed
--> The climate control unit was set to "LO HEAT"--this is July, it should have been set to "LO COOL"
--> No Holy Bible--no big deal for me personally, but it might tick off someone who was really counting on it, and it was certainly a first for me
--> The door to an adjoining room was NOT secured--fortunately that room was vacant and I did secure my door to prevent anyone going into that room from being able to see into mine
--> I didn't bother with the continental breakfast--cereal in canisters and I shuddered to think of how stale they might be, given the condition of my hotel room and the hallway

ONLY things that went right--got a good night's sleep, and I enjoyed the dinner I had at a nearby restaurant called Szechuan Wok. But I don't give ABVI credit for either of those things. Because my mother also had a subpar experience at another ABVI location, I decided I will not stay at this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Dear MarkRabo.
We apologize for your bad experiences during your stay with us.
First of all, our management is completely changed and if you will give us an another chance, we will take that opportunity to change your opinion for our hotel completely.
Here is how we work at present:
1)We check all rooms after housekeeping. If we find anything wrong, we resolve that immediately. So on check inn time we are pretty sure about our product (Room and facilities).
2)We have efficient, knowledgeable and very co-operative front desk staff at present. So if you have any question, our front desk is 100%able to answer right away.

Still, we appreciate your suggestion to put instructions regarding wi-fi internet in the room.

We are requesting you to be at our hotel again, so we can satisfy you this time.
And again, we always take guest suggestions very seriously.

Hope we will get that chance very soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is a dump. Room didn't smell but dirty and there was a cockroach in it. Yuck. The corridor smelled something awful. I would never stay here again. Scary place. There was also an alarm outside that went off around midnight, we thought it was a tornado alarm. We were scared and wasn't sure what to do. We didn't see anyone else running out, so we took our chances and just waited out the alarm. In the morning found out it was an alarm for the workers working construction. Would have been nice to have been told to expect an alarm.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Your feedback is very useful for us and we are glad that we worked exactly on that issue.
As you reported in your review, housekeeping was the main issue.
We took actions and now, after housekeeping we have a room inspection process.
According to our new system, we are doing inspection of all cleaned rooms (including stay over rooms) and if our room inspector find any problem, we resolve that immediately.

I can see, you had an another issue of outside alarm. Looks like it was a temporary and outside problem. So, obviously you will not experience that problem again.

We are excited to see you again at our hotel, so we can change your opinion. We are very sure that we will make you very satisfied if you will provide us a chance to do so.

Please visit again and experience our new management.

Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We have just started traveling with our pet, and we were very nervous about staying in a pet friendly hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival I asked to see a room first. The front desk worker confidently obliged. I thoroughly inspected it, and found it to be clean and spacious. We were thrilled to have queen sized beds. The room was very quiet. The linens and bathroom were clean. One great perk is the covered parking. In a PA winter, that could be very nice. The phone by the toilet made me laugh, and the towels were not so great. I gave this hotel high scores because of the value and it was what it claimed to be.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Famof,
Thank you very much for your neutral review.
In your review, you gave us high scores because of the value but now we can promise that you will like to give us higher scores both because of value, our services and facilities.
Yes, we improved a lot.
A management is completely changed.
your affordable and comfortable stay is guaranteed.

You reported 2 negative points in your review. Telephone near toilet and Towels.
We changed our linen, so towels are of course very clean and fresh.
At now, we do not have a telephone near to toilet in any room. You are right, telephone near toilet is not a good idea at all.

We like to inform you that under our new management, WE TRY TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE RIGHT AWAY - NO MATTER WHAT WE ARE DOING.

Our this attitude brings a smile on the face of our guest. And that is our main achievement.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

i don't want to give even 1star, it was scary and i felt very bad after i saw the hotel, it was not even worth for $10. not even one thing is clean in and out of the hotel. I'm was scared to be in the hotel, but i have no option, because i spent a good amount on the hotel and it was late in the evening. Before you book, please thing twice or thrice. It is better to spend an extra 10 to $20 more in other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Arnie P, Manager at Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Dear Remesh,
Thank you for your feedback, a continuing effort is being made to correct the problems you noted, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We found a coupon in the travel books for $36.00 a night & that is all the room is worth.There was no ice and only one machine in the motel the water had good pressure but the water tanks must have been turned way down as my shower was all hot water and it was only warm water.I would not stay here again there are a lot of hotels in the area to pick from.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cainrcc
abvinspa, Manager at Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your hot water not working properly and ice machine not working. We have bought a new ice machine for the property. The hot water tanks are working fine. You may experience changes in water temperature at times. Usually only during peak demand periods. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Arnie-manager
Americas Best Value Inn-New Stanton, PA

Reviewed February 14, 2011

I thought long and hard before I wrote this review because this hotel is someone's livelihood. But seriously, they need to get their act together.

One of the reasons we selected this hotel was because it was pet friendly and we read great reviews right here on TripAdvisor. Those reviews must have been written by the owners of the property. From the lower parking lot the hotel looks abandoned. There are windows boarded with plywood. We stayed on the upper level which is apparently being upgraded as there were piles of old mattresses by the dumpster. We obviously didn't receive an upgraded room.

The bedspread had been pulled back and folded over as if the bed had been made and was ready for the next guest however the sheets were used and there were numerous human hairs on them. Disgusting. The carpets were filthy. We asked for new sheets and the management brought them to our room and offered to give us a new room but we were already settled in.

The only person who enjoyed the stay was our dog who was spent the entire stay sniffing the carpet. There must have been a lot of interesting spills!! She certainly was entertained by them.

All in all, the worst and scariest hotel I've even been in.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
#2 of 7 in Belle Vernon
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel? Share your experiences!