“Do Not Stay Here If You Want Bed Bugs!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Never again will I stay at a Comfort Inn or reccomend anyone to stay at this particular one! I woke up in the middle of the night to find bed bugs crawling all over me and the bed I was in. Had to wake up my son and check him all over as well. Called down to the front desk and told them. Two employee's came up to my room and investigated as well they called the general manager supposedly, and moved me two doors down from the room I was in. I had a very difficult time sleeping only got about an hour and slept with the lights on in the room. I still feel like I have those bed bugs on me crawling like crazy! The next morning after a night of scratching and suffering the psychological aspect of the whole ordeal, I find the coffee maker in the room had not been cleaned at all it was like dirt that was dropping off the drip part of the coffee maker! NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT SLEEP HERE UNLESS YOU WANT BED BUGS ON YOU!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank FrenchFry_10
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2010

Thank you for taking time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comment was reviewed by the manager and the pest control company. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on 3-6-10. On saturday 3-7-10 we had that room inspected by our pest control company and found nothing wrong with that room. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Comfort Inn.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed October 24, 2009

After we arrived, we found that the internet was not working, the staff made sure that it was taken care of ASAP. We stayed for 2 nights, and always felt right at home. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevieb4444
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We were in the area for National Collegate Roller Hockey games being held at Hot Shots Arena in Mt. Pleasant. We stayed at the Comfort Inn because we attempt to keep our hotel stays within the same chain to accumulate points.

Our stay was average. The room was nicely decorated and appeared to have been recently updated. Although the hallway smelled of smoke, the room did not smell and seemed to be smoke free.

We were shocked to find that a major hotel in 2009 would not have wireless internet access. There was a computer available in the lobby and an outlet in our room. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for such an antequated system and did not bring our ethernet cable to connect.

The bathroom was extremely small with the tub and toilet in the actual bathroom and the vanity/sink just outside. The walls were so thin that a single flush woke everyone in the room during the night. Initially I thought the vanity outside the bathroom would be a good feature, but the light over the vanity was so bright that it also woke everyone sleeping in the room bright and early.

Although we have been pleased with other hotels in the chain, we would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Babbs809
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Clean and comfortable and a good choice for a stopover while travelling the turnpike. Room was spotless. Expanded cable and hi-speed internet provided. Pool area is small, but it was also clean and well maintained. Breakfast area was large and the selection was okay. Very quiet hotel. No complaints at all.

However, PLEASE note that other hotels in the area are looking really bad. I would suggest only the Comfort, Marriott, or Super 8. As far as the other hotels, the Quality Inn looked like an old army barrack, there was some sort of Budget hotel that had more people in the parking lot hanging around than in their rooms. A Hojo nearby had furniture thrown all over the parking lot. The Days looked like an old Ramada from the late '60s.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank JKF56
Reviewed June 28, 2008

We spent the night here before taking a tour of Fallingwater the following morning. We had booked a suite with the senior rate and got a very good price. The room was large, included a king-sized bed, hide-a-bed and kitchen area with sink, microwave and refrigerator, plus dishes.

The room was comfortable and quiet, but a rather strange arrangement. The kitchen was in the sort-of hallway between the bathroom and the rest of the suite, divided off by a breakfast bar. There was no overhead light in the kitchen area. The bath sink and mirror were across the room on the other side of the entry door.

We had been traveling and eating out for two weeks and decided since we had a kitchen, to pick up some groceries and eat in our room. In the area around the hotel, there were just restaurants, hotels, and gas station/convenience stores. The desk clerk gave us directions to a shopping mall in Greensburg where we were able to get the needed groceries, but it was 15 minutes away from the hotel and required traveling through a Toll Plaza (twice).

I looked in at the indoor pool--it was really small. There is no guest laundry and they do not have a computer in the lobby for guest use.

The breakfast was just an average Comfort Inn selection.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitters
Reviewed April 27, 2008

The pluses included getting the king junior suite at a reasonable price ($84) and a Bob Evans restaurant next door. The wierd thing was that there was a sign on the front door asking understanding of the renovations ongoing. I asked at the desk whether our room and floor were still under renovation and was told "no." Well, that led me ultimately to wonder if they ever did renovate that level. There is shabbiness - ok, not earth shattering - but shabbiness nonetheless all around. Our room was spacious. It was quiet. The bathroom was teeeeeeny tiny. The breakfast was just "ok." We've stayed in many comfort inns that passed this one by miles...... Would we stay again? In a pinch, yes. But there is a Fairfield right across the street that would get our attention first.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank UMichAlum
Reviewed June 19, 2007

A buddy and I went to the US Open and chose this hotel since everything else closer to Pittsburgh and Oakmont, PA were booked - or grossly overpriced because of the event in town. This hotel did not appear to have inflated their price so much and it had a double bed room available. We booked online and chose the double bed suite for $95 a night with a Friday and Saturday night stay. The hotel was easy enough to find amongst all of the other hotels jammed on this turnpike exit. The exterior looked decent and there was plenty of parking.

The front lobby was very small but never too busy. The hotel decor was outdated but not hideous. The breakfast area was right at the front desk and consisted of 7-8 small round tables big enough to seat 2 each. We checked in around 11pm and it was painless. We took the elevator to the 3rd floor. While every door we passed was designated as non-smoking, the entire hallway stunk of smoke. To our surprise, the room did not smell like smoke. Again, the decor was outdated but not terrible. The room was very big and according to the fire escape map on the entry door, it was the largest room on the whole floor - perhaps the only suite.

The room had two double beds and a loveseat sized couch with a coffee table. The TV was a 27" which rested on top of a dresser. The TV was relatively small to see from the bed due to the large size of the room. The room also had a small bar with two seats which were in front of a kitchen area. The kitchen had a sink, cabinets with dishes and a fridge. The bathroom was very small as it only had a toilet and a shower inside. The shower was roomy since it had a outwardly bent shower curtain. The water pressure was a bit on the low side. The bathroom, again with outdated decor, was immaculate. The bathroom sink and mirror, strangely enough, was near the front door and in the main part of the room. This was a small problem for us since I woke before my friend both mornings and I didn't want to wake him by turning on lights and running the water. I would have preferred to have the sink in the bathroom where I could close a door.

The immediate area consisted of numerous hotels, chain restaurants such as Bob Evans, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, and gas stations. We drove down the road a bit to a place called Toad's Logger house. It was a small log cabin style restaurant and bar. I really enjoyed the house specialty of BBQ ribs. The bar itself was pretty plain and uneventful. After a few drinks and having to stare at years of Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia and everyone smoking (I live in a state where public smoking is illegal) we went back to the hotel.

Each morning when I woke at 6am, there was a complimentary newspaper slid under our door. The breakfast was complimentary and available as early as 7am. It had the usual pastries / danish, cold soft boiled eggs, breakfast cereals, juice, milk, coffee. It also had a do-it-yourself waffle maker - which I have always liked. The women attending to the breakfast area was very efficient. She immediately refilled anything taken from the breakfast bar and cleaned up everything very quickly. We were impressed with her attentiveness.

I do not think that in-room check-out was available on our TV. It appeared that the TV was just a standard set without the ability to order movies / games. We went to the front desk and once again, it was quick and painless.

Overall, this hotel was a nice experience. It is not the usual class of hotel I frequent, but it was perfect for this particular trip. Depending on the price difference, I don't think the suite was anything special over what a normal room would offer. But since I didn't see the other rooms, I could only guess. I will say that I would stay at this hotel again if I needed somewhere to lay my head for the night while on a long road trip.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!