“OUTSTANDING ROOM & SERVICE”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“OUTSTANDING ROOM & SERVICE”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I made a recent trip from Phildadelphia to Ohio with an overnight stay at the half-way point in New Stanton, PA. What a delightful stay we had. Being Choice Privileges members, when we checked in the pleasant woman behind the desk gave us a lovely gift bag with some "goodies." And our room - WOW! The simple No-Smoking King room we requested had an awesome whirlpool spa. Never have I slept in a more comfortable hotel room bed with both firm and soft pillows available. In the lobby there were bags of popcorn arranged neatly in a popcorn "machine" and, as always, fresh pots of coffee and hot water for tea. The breakfast was incredible with a great selection of choices. The staff attended to our every need and were professional and pleasant. And there were a variety of dining opportunities within walking distance. We rated our stay a perfect 10!

Room Tip: A great value in a convenient location - just minutes off the PA Turnpike.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Janice B
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I want to thank you for taking time to share your stay with others. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. My staff will make sure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable everytime. Your Business is Appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife & I have stayed here 3 times over last 3 years. Each experience has been better than the last. Rooms are clean, bedding is better than the norm, staff is VERY friendly and seem very eager to please the guests. Breakfast area is a tight fit at peak times, but clean and well run. There are even fresh cookies available all day long!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee S
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. This helps us improve our service to better serve our guest. I am so glad to hear that we improve every year you visit. We will look forward to serve you again. Thanks for traveling.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our family was on a road trip from MN to DC. We were just passing through. At over $100 a night, the most expensive hotel during our stay, I was rather disappointed as it was just ‘average’. We choose this hotel over others in the area because I thought it had a hot tub. After 1000 miles, we needed it, however, there wasn’t one. We used the pool but it was cold. Room was nice and clean, beds were comfortable, however, doubles. Who uses a double this day and age? Bathroom was small as it was hard to enter the tub with the toilet so close. Couldn’t take advantage of their breakfast as their hours were limited and shut down way too early. They have added fees they add to the room. I had to pay extra for a safe I never used. I wish they would have removed it or it should be part of the room rate, why nickel and dime people? In the morning, elevator smelled of smoke and the front desk clerk didn’t even acknowledge that I was checking out. Didn’t say a word, just took my keys. They shovel a bill under your door in the morning so they don’t have to have any personal communication. This should be a $65 a night hotel. If you just want a comfortable bed, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank msum_rose
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
First I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our Breakfast hours are M-F 6am-9am and S-S 6am-10am. we do this due to alot of workers that we have stay with us. Yes! Our hotel does have double beds. The express check out is because alot of guest like that they can just leave in the morning. We do like when guest stop at the desk at check out because it lets us know how we did.
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was put up here for an extended stay while I was working in the area. the rooms are clean, sheets are nice. All in all, a very nice room in a hotel conveniently located to a good selection of fast food restaurants and gas stations.

However, there is much to be desired if you are staying for more than one night.

-There is no laundry aside from a very overpriced laundry service provided by a dry cleaner (I was told $40-50 for a tiny bag provided in-room)

-Internet here is incredibly slow, regardless of connection (Ethernet or WiFi)

-Location. Wow, the traffic patterns and roads in new Stanton completely STINK! Even the one, single entrance to the Comfort Inn parking lot has a drain in it that you can easily bottom out on while driving over (I am driving a Subaru Forester).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am sorry that you was not happy with your extended stay with us. There is plenty to do and see in the Laurel Highlands. Sorry we do not have guest laundry but there is two laundry mats close to the hotel. The road area is going to be changed. The whole exit off of I-70 with get redone with in the next year along with our entrance. I am working with our internet crew to see what we need to do to fix the internet connection.
pittsburgh
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a few similar looking properties when visiting back in the area that I believe the same owners operate. They have all been great stays and this one is my favorite so far. I reserved the jacuzzi room for a reasonable rate of 112 after tax. That is a very good price and would pay 150 during peak season. They have a ton of jacuzzi rooms here. Our room, 315, was spotless. It was updated with very nice furniture. I believe the beds have been replaced as it was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The hot tub is huge, comfortable, and quiet enough to watch TV with their many stations they offer. The shower had great pressure and a very nice shower head. The rooms have keurig machines, which is a nice touch. I actually like comfort's default coffee they serve in the lobby so I did not use it. The hotel looked to be half full but I heard nothing. The hotel is solidly built and not a slapped up plywood contraption that you can hear everything. The younger guy who let us check in early was very nice. The lady who works at night with the shorter curly hair was my favorite. We had to leave early before breakfast, but can assume it was the similar recently upgraded comfort breakfast, which I like. There are only two places off this exit worth staying at, and this place offers an upgraded room twenty dollars less than the comparable Fairfield next door. Once they update the halls, this place will look brand new.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
First and foremost I want to Thank You for choosing to stay with us. We know that everyone has choices in the area. My staff will make sure that your stay is comfortable and make you feel like home. We try to listen to all our guest and keep up with everything that they comment on. Our halls and our carpet is next on our list. Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Clean hotel, right off 70, great stopping point for a road trip!
I just want to stay this may have been the friendliest hotel staff we have ever encountered. They went way above & beyond to make us happy & provide things for our 19 month old. Fantastic service!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I would like to Thank You for staying with us. Our staff does their best to provide the best possible service to all guest. If it was not for our staff we would not have customers like you. Thanks again!
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped here between a road trip to Williamsburg West Virginia. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend if you are travelling by car as a stopover for a nights rest. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Margret,
Thanks for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to make every guest have an enjoyable stay with us. Hope to see you again. Thanks for traveling.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!