“Nice hotel, great location”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn, New Stanton several times as we have family nearby and frequently visit the area. We've always been satisfied. The rooms are clean, customer service is great, nice breakfast and even though it's near a busy intersection, it's quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We our so glad that you enjoy your stay with us everytime you visit the area. We like to hear from our guest so thanks again for writing a comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Maggie, the night clerk, has been a dear to our family. We stayed twice in one week; once in a 2 queen non-smoking room and this time in a suite. I chose this location initially because it was halfway to our destination and had an indoor heated pool and breakfast. I came back because of Maggie (the pool was heavily chlorinated but useable and the room smell a bit smokey with the fan on). My kids love this motel and we will use it whenever we make the trip to the East Coast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I'm glad you like our hotel for your stay when in the area. I'm sorry to hear about the pool and your room. I will be looking into this matter for you.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visit August 27th for 1 night....expected a very basic stay as we stayed at this motel years ago and was nondescript at best.
In the last 2 years management have upgraded the rooms, they were clean and smelled clean....handicapped room had a roomy and functional bathroom.
Breakfast was more than most "free" offerings, lots of variety, plenty of fruit, yogurt as well as the standby waffles, eggs, and sausage.
Not a high end motel but a super moderate cost motel and overall super value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us. We have been making alot of changes. Plus we are going to be doing some more this fall/winter. We try to keep up with what guest ask for. Thanks again for travling.
Los Fresnos, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in PA to take care of some family business when we stopped here. The room was everything you expect from a Comfort Inn, but there was a surprise outside the window. Our first floor room looked onto a narrow strip of lawn, then up an overgrown bank about 30 feet high. As I spoke on the phone, I noticed movement in the underbrush. A weasel-like creature came into an open spot and I called my wife over. As we watched, she tried to get a picture of the first fisher either of us had ever seen! It was foraging among the weeds and even came out on the grass briefly! You may not see one if you stop here, but it's possible!
The hotel staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. We walked to a nearby restaurant for a light dinner.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid the room nearest the vending machines.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have several animals that you may see out your window if you have a backside room. Thanks for traveling!
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Traveling east from Kentucky we stopped at this Comfort Inn before getting on the PA Turnpike from Interstate 70. Only King rooms were available when we stopped, so my niece and I grabbed it. Imagine our surprise to find a huge spa tub in the middle of the room. My niece took immediate advantage to soak off the aches of a long-day's drive. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (pillows labeled firm and soft); the shower and toilet in separate room from the sink allowing two women to get ready for the day simultaneously. We didn't take advantage of the pool but checked it out and it was small but clean. Nice for a family that wants to relax after driving. The hotel was walking distance from a Bob Evans which is where we had a most acceptable dinner, but unnecessary for breakfast. The complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn was adequate and fresh if not terribly varied, but absolutely no complaints here. Was as good or better than others we experienced on this trip.

Room Tip: Nothing to add here.....this is definitely a stop off the highway, not a tourist hotel. I'm sur...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a lot to do and see in the laurel highlands. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again and enjoy some of our area. Thanks for traveling.
Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Probably second best for New Stanton hotels. This hotel has a better than average breakfast, which is kept stocked very well even in the busy hours. It also has a small indoor pool and small exercise room and computer in lobby for guests. The thing that I don't like is the internet. Slow as snail snot in the winter. It is wireless and the bars say you have a good connection, but slowwww.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay except for the internet. I will be looking into see why it shows you a strong signal then its slow. Thanks for sharing.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife were on our way to Philadelphia and thought to take a break and have rest at this hotel. Check-In process was quick and staff was friendly. The key unlocked the door lock but the door wasn't opening for some reason. I went back to lobby and talked to the front desk person and he asked me to Lift up the door in order to open it; it worked. Room was decent. The carpet was moist and the floor level was uneven. Didn't felt like putting my feet on carpet... The bed mattress was hard as rock and very very old.. Definitely need to change them. Breakfast was nice. Overall the price we paid was fairly ok for this place.

• Stayed July 2013
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that your carpet was damp and the mattress was hard. I have been getting new mattresses so many at a time and I will look into why your carpet was damp. I hope you will stay will with us again. Thanks again for letting us know how we did.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!