“One of the better hotels in the area”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Ohio
“One of the better hotels in the area”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Probably second best for New Stanton hotels. This hotel has a better than average breakfast, which is kept stocked very well even in the busy hours. It also has a small indoor pool and small exercise room and computer in lobby for guests. The thing that I don't like is the internet. Slow as snail snot in the winter. It is wireless and the bars say you have a good connection, but slowwww.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay except for the internet. I will be looking into see why it shows you a strong signal then its slow. Thanks for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife were on our way to Philadelphia and thought to take a break and have rest at this hotel. Check-In process was quick and staff was friendly. The key unlocked the door lock but the door wasn't opening for some reason. I went back to lobby and talked to the front desk person and he asked me to Lift up the door in order to open it; it worked. Room was decent. The carpet was moist and the floor level was uneven. Didn't felt like putting my feet on carpet... The bed mattress was hard as rock and very very old.. Definitely need to change them. Breakfast was nice. Overall the price we paid was fairly ok for this place.

• Stayed July 2013
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that your carpet was damp and the mattress was hard. I have been getting new mattresses so many at a time and I will look into why your carpet was damp. I hope you will stay will with us again. Thanks again for letting us know how we did.
Downingtown, PA USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We needed a place to stop for the night to break up a long drive. This hotel was the little bit of paradise we needed. We had a king size bed with a whirlpool bath. The room was HUGE! Unfortunately we were both too tired to make use of the whirlpool, but it looked lovely. We are Choice Privileges Members and were given a nice goodie bag when we arrived with a pack of peanuts, cheez-its and a bottle of water with a nice note from the General Manager. I stay at Choice Hotels a lot and this was the first time I had gotten anything like this. The only somewhat bad thing was that we missed the breakfast in the morning, we got there just a minute or two after 9am and everything had already been cleaned up. They did offer us an English Muffin, but we declined because we had to get back on the road. Definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers!

Room Tip: Ask for the Whirlpool room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you missed our breakfast. Hope you get a chance to come back and visit us again and have breakfast with us.
buffalo, ny
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I left my location in the early evening and did not want to drive all night to head home. So I did a quick online search before I headed home. As I arrived at the Comfort Inn, I noticed a Howard Johnson's across the street. They were advertising a room w/ a whirlpool {the same type a room I got at the Comfort Inn} for $41 less than the CI. For a moment I was tempted, but it didn't look as nice from the outside. I'm glad I made the choice I did. The front desk person was wonderful. The room was very clean and very roomy. The whirlpool was one of the best I've ever had in a room. The bed was super comfortable. I will say the breakfast was pathetic. But I heard from the GM of the hotel who seemed very concerned. So maybe improvements will be made. Even though the room was a bit pricy, I will stay there again if I need to spend the night in that area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I'm so glad that you have choose to stay with us. Our staff takes pride in their work that they do. I think that makes the best difference. We listen to all or surveys and comments and try to improve on all items addressed. We have been adding new items to our breakfast. Once again thanks for choose us.
Mount Vernon, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I needed a stopping-over place to break up a cross-country trip. The Comfort Inn at New Stanton turned out to be a perfect choice. First of all, it was very easy to reach from the highway, just off I-70 West, where it meets the Pa. Turnpike. Our room was comfortable and pleasant, the staff was quick and efficient, and everything (including the free wifi) worked fine. The complimentary breakfast was, in our view, a solid notch or two above the customary standards of the genre—including eggs and tasty sausage patties, two flavors of make-your-own waffles and a fair variety of healthy breakfast fare, as well. The lady in charge of the food service was there to help and clearly took personal pride in providing satisfaction. For an evening meal, a number of restaurants are within easy walking distance (and an even easier drive, I suppose).

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAH43
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We love to hear from our guest good or bad so we know how we are doing. Our staff tries to make ever stay memorable. We hope to see you again.
Kimberly
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I travel the country delivering firetrucks.Once in awhile I come across outstanding employees.Hence,Maggie and Sheila.They always ensure I have a super clean room and a timely check in .Today when I walked in the front door,I was already checked in.They provided me with my elite Diamond goody bag.It contained chips,peanuts and a bottle of water.Posted my name on the welcome board and even found me some peanut butter.You see,it pays to stay at Choice Hotels.You also receive free hotel nights or a $50. Gift card with numerous stays.I come here because Maggie and Sheila make it like a home away from home.This location has a nice indoor pool and a small exercise room to stretch out in.Bob Evans restaraunt is next door .Parking for my 30' firetruck or the 47' truck out in the street.Easy access to hotel from I 70.Come and meet Maggie and Sheila.You will be glad you did .Oh yes,paid $110 a night for a spacious ,clean room with a flat screen TV.Room 107.Quiet.Next door to a storage room.I will be back and hope to hear that Maggie and Sheila were rewarded for their hard work

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ronald E
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Ronald,
We are delighted that you love to stay with us. We are glad to have you be our guest anytime. Our staff makes sure that your stay with us is enjoyable and rooms are clean always. Thanks for being a Choice Privileges Member.
Roseville, Michigan
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. My friends and I were in the area for biking, hiking, and rafting in Ohiopyle. The drive to Ohiopyle was 35 miles and took about 45 minutes. Upon our arrival, we were offered fresh baked cookies. Staff was friendly. Rooms were decorated nicely and very clean. Comfortable bedding. The room size was comfortable, even with two double beds. Typical breakfast included waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, and a variety of breads. Nice area to stay for outdoor activities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
It was a pleasure for us to have you for your 3 day stay in the Laurel highlands. Our staff try to make sure that everyone feels welcome and has a clean comfortable room. We hope you come back to visit us again soon. There is plenty to see and do around the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!