“Good Stay”

Super 8 New Stanton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were in the area to bury my Grandfather. The staff there (both day and night) were wonderful. We stayed for four nights. We did find two live bed bugs in the first room, but the man at the desk was very gracious and moved us to another room, no bed bugs in the new room. The exterminator was there the next day to take care of the bugs in the first room. The other hotels in the area were also having trouble with bed bugs. Again, the staff couldn't have been more gracious, obliging, and friendly. We were never looked at as an inconvenience, like some of the other higher priced hotels. No, it's not the Ritz, but it sure isn't a Roach Motel!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor. Not too noisy! :)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Please stay away from this place. This place is filled with bed bugs. I stayed yesterday and at around 2:00 AM my wife's legs started itching, that is when we saw bed bugs crawling in the bed. My wife is very much allergic to bed bugs. I had to walk out of this place at 2:00 Clock in the night as there were no other rooms available.

I couldn't find anything else in the nearby area also during the night because of the festival and the game, everyone was sold out.

I saw that some one wrote a review here about the same problem. If only i had seen that, i would have definitely stayed away from this place. I am pretty sure the management must have received a lots of complaint about this. How horrible is that they don't really care about your health, in spite of repeated complaints. That's just ridiculous!!!

PLS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rameshpam
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here twice in late August while passing through. Both times front desk service was good, and the rooms were clean and "OK". I had no problems with bugs of any kind. There are both chain and local restaurants within walking distance.

Overall, it's nothing fancy but great for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed September 1, 2011

If you're looking for a basic hotel without spending a lot of money, then this is for you. Clean room, convientant to turnpike and fast food. They have a very basic breakfast, but good enough to get you to lunch.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The front desk was fast and friendly, the room was small and the toilet would barely flush. But it was just three days and I spend 12 to 14 hrs working. The last night I found a small red bug as I pulled back the covers.I had never seen a bed bug and didn't see any others. It was dead and i thought aloud that even he couldn't survive in this room. When i returned home i began to break out and itch and as of now i have over 100 bites all over my body. it is the worst hotel stay i have ever experience in 15 years of traveling. I just hope that the bites are the only thing that i brought home from this stay

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property for two nights when attending a funeral in the area. From the moment we arrived, our experience was pleasant. The parking lot was well lit. The front desk staff was friendly and prompt. Our room was spotless and spacious. The air conditioning and wireless internet worked well, as there were several networks available and I could choose the network with the strongest signal for our room. We reserved an executive king. The bed was adequate. There are several food options in the area. The turnpike is only 2 minutes away. One day I needed to purchase a clothing item and was able to find a shopping mall about 15 minutes away. I made use of the in-room refrigerator, but did not use the microwave. One morning I got juice and cereal from the breakfast area. It was well kept and well stocked. Our room cost $76.50/night + tax + safe fee. We both felt that this property was worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank FactualReviewer
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Seemed like a good hotel at first. Desk employees were friendly. As I was about to get ready to go to sleep, I checked for bed bugs and found none. Thank goodness. Or so I thought. I no more got settled in when something bit me on the arm. It was a flea!!!! I don't know which is worse.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon

Been to Super 8 New Stanton? Share your experiences!