“Good enough for the money”

Super 8 New Stanton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Emmaus, PA
“Good enough for the money”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here twice in late August while passing through. Both times front desk service was good, and the rooms were clean and "OK". I had no problems with bugs of any kind. There are both chain and local restaurants within walking distance.

Overall, it's nothing fancy but great for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Patrick B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed September 1, 2011

If you're looking for a basic hotel without spending a lot of money, then this is for you. Clean room, convientant to turnpike and fast food. They have a very basic breakfast, but good enough to get you to lunch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The front desk was fast and friendly, the room was small and the toilet would barely flush. But it was just three days and I spend 12 to 14 hrs working. The last night I found a small red bug as I pulled back the covers.I had never seen a bed bug and didn't see any others. It was dead and i thought aloud that even he couldn't survive in this room. When i returned home i began to break out and itch and as of now i have over 100 bites all over my body. it is the worst hotel stay i have ever experience in 15 years of traveling. I just hope that the bites are the only thing that i brought home from this stay

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these New Stanton hotels

Northeast
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property for two nights when attending a funeral in the area. From the moment we arrived, our experience was pleasant. The parking lot was well lit. The front desk staff was friendly and prompt. Our room was spotless and spacious. The air conditioning and wireless internet worked well, as there were several networks available and I could choose the network with the strongest signal for our room. We reserved an executive king. The bed was adequate. There are several food options in the area. The turnpike is only 2 minutes away. One day I needed to purchase a clothing item and was able to find a shopping mall about 15 minutes away. I made use of the in-room refrigerator, but did not use the microwave. One morning I got juice and cereal from the breakfast area. It was well kept and well stocked. Our room cost $76.50/night + tax + safe fee. We both felt that this property was worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank FactualReviewer
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Seemed like a good hotel at first. Desk employees were friendly. As I was about to get ready to go to sleep, I checked for bed bugs and found none. Thank goodness. Or so I thought. I no more got settled in when something bit me on the arm. It was a flea!!!! I don't know which is worse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stopped here overnight on our way to D.C.. The hotel was clean,affordable and safe. The next day when we arrived at our destination I realized I had left my glasses there. My husband called the front desk and the very kind gentleman on duty Fed Ex'd my glasses to our new hotel. Thank you Super 8!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tnm1234
Maryland
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This motel was very clean, the front desk was fast and friendly, and the room was very nice. It also had a safe, microwave and refrigerator. While there is a continental breakfast, there are several restaurants within walking distance. And the free in-room Internet was great. Two down sides, we could periodically hear the person walking in the room above us and there was a container of cottage cheese left in the refrigerator. However, these two complaints do not deter us from giving this motel high marks for price and quality. Plus it it right off the turnpike.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 7 in New Stanton
Express Inn New Stanton PA Hotel
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to Super 8 New Stanton? Share your experiences!