“Decent beds and NO bed bugs!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Midwest
“Decent beds and NO bed bugs!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I'd not state that I'd stay here again if I chose, but the bathroom had a great need to be remodeled. For some reason, someone recently installed wonderful new granite surrounds in the bathroom when they should have went for a cheaper alternative and remolded the WHOLE bathroom.

Otherwise, the room was clean and beds comfortable.

I do REALLY suggest the area start a petition at the front desk and community about the fire alarms that sound like TORNADO warnings--scary!! This is terrible in the technology age for the fire dept to announce to the whole area they're going on a call. I can imagine it reflects in the property taxes and values of the business/homes, too. This town needs to take action on this issue!!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoseyJake
Josh_Baker, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
It is my sincere apologies that you experienced a less then perfect stay with us. The alarms that you heard was coming from the volunteer fire department a block away and yes we all agree that the town needs to do something about this but unfortunately they havent done anything about it. We hope to see you again when you are in the New Stanton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Upon reaching around 9 PM, front end gave us room on the second floor and did not guide us how to get to second floor. In order to get to second floor, one has to use "FIRE" exit with stairs !!. Room was warzone. Broken bed littered in the middle of the floor with mattress against the wall. When I reached front desk again, manager mumbled something like "that room suppose to be out of service". He gave us another room without much apology. This room was ok but in serious need to upgrade. We were tiered and went to sleep. In the morning, I noticed that there was old faded "blood" spot on one of the sheet. Yikes!! .
Breakfast is the only good thing about this hotel. For this price range ($70+), one can get better quality hotels in the area. Avoid !!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NYModi
Josh_Baker, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give your comments. We apologize that you had difficulties with your first room, it was getting ready for new furniture. My apologies that you experience housekeeping issues. It is always appreciated when constructive comments our provide, this allows us to continue to work on providing the best possible stay for all our guests. Unfortunately our hotel does not have an elevator but as you walk into the hotel your are on the 2nd floor which in your case you were placed on the 3rd floor which is 12 steps up and the front desk is always willing to help you with lugage. We try to use our main floor first that way everyone can be on the ground level but during the time your stayed it is still our busy season and is hard to accomodate everyone one the main floor especially at the time your arrived most of our reservations are in by then. We hope you had a safe trip on your journey.

Travelers are raving about these New Stanton hotels

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We went here for an event and decided to get a room so we wouldn't have to drive home late at night...while the motel area hosting the event was decent enough, the rooms themselves were a nightmare. Not sure there's anything nice we can say about them, other than the air conditioner worked. The bed linens appeared dirty and had stains on the sheets, the walls had cracks in them, and we even found a few holes. The carpet was old and appeared unclean, and most of the buttons on our phone didn't even work!But worst of all was the bathroom...there was mold everywhere and there was no way we were taking showers in there! We wound up going to our event and checking out in the early morning hours...we didn't request a refund (we figured the $60 we spent would just be a lesson learned), but we will never be staying at this place again. Oh, the staff was polite enough, but they didn't seem too concerned with providing speedy service (we had to wait 5 minutes for one desk clerk to get off the phone to address us) and we go the feeling staff there doesn't last very long before moving on to something else.

Room Tip: The best room is in another motel...any motel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DVDBoy
Josh_Baker, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear DVDBoy,

I want to thank you for your review of our property. I do appologize for all the inconvenience that you have experienced and i do hope that you had a good time down at your "Private Party" at any time you may check out if your are not happy at our hotel and if there are any issues with your room you should notify the front desk immediately so the issue can be taken care of. During the night of your event we were sold out and very busy taking care of your party and other hotel guest needs so once again i do appologize for any inconvenience

Management
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I booked this hotel because we were skiing at Seven Springs the day after and wanted to stay close. I used my free Choice Hotels points and had I not gotten this room free I would not have stayed here. The first room we were assigned to smelled like mildew and the carpet in front of the bathroom was soaking wet. Upon calling the front desk we were promptly moved to a new room and the front desk attendant was very nice. Overall though the room was dirty. The bathroom had a dirty old shower curtain and the tub had stains in it. Even for a hotel that cost $50/night, I expect a clean bathroom. There was grime on the toilet flusher and the sink handles. The bed was okay but the dirty bathroom and dust around the walls of the room led me to wonder about the cleanliness of the bed linens. The TV was poor quality and the picture did not come in great. The breakfast was not as bad as the rooms-it was the average continental breakfast. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone unless you were desperate for a one night stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Josh_Baker, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear Tmbleweed19,

I greatly apologize for all the inconveniences that you exprienced during your stay at our lodge. We are currently going through renovations to improve the conditions of our rooms. Im glad to hear that our front desk agent was very poliet towards you and as for the TV's we are getting brand new flat screen TV's for 2012. Our housekeeping manager has been informed of the problems you had and once again we apologize for all the inconvenience.

Josh Baker
Front Office Manager
Bedford, IN
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband & I traveled to this Econolodge in New Stanton PA, an area near where I grew up. We were to meet my 2 brothers & their wives here for a mini reunion. One was from VA , the other from Pittsburg. The VA brother was staying here, so we made reservations also. Because of so many negative reviews we did not know what to expect. Here I interject to say it is unfair to print reviews that are prior to mid 2010.
What we found was a clean, newly renovated motel. Our $69.95 rm was clean and comfortable . The carpet was new & the halls also had new carpet(not "yucky or "creepy". The beds were attractive & had new mattress/springs. And wonderful pillows, and a lovely light comforter instead or old blankets. Would like one myself. I have to say...the bathrm was small, but adequate The water hot, the shower OK, a small tub., but it all worked OK. Linens clean& plentiful for 2. The desk clerk was courteous and helpful . The lobby is large , nicely funished . My husband & I spent a good bit of time in the lobby with my bros & wives talking, laughing & catching up. Our time together had to be short for several reasons, so we made the most of it. I write this because I felt badly that bad reviews from some did not describe the place that almost caused us to look elsewhere...and was costing the motel lost business.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoosier95
Josh_Baker, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we look forard to seeing you again in the future.

Arnie Pritts
Northern NJ, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here with no reservation, last minute.HoJo's and Day's Inn were already full-up. Paid only $65. toilet was not working properly but staff fixed immed and offered new room if he couldn't before he attempted. The hallway carpet is kinda yucky. I can't figure out why the brkfst room is HUGE either.The brkfst was nice. waffles, cereal, breads, danishes, etc. For one night's stay, it's doable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Josh_Baker, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking time and writing a comment about our hotel. i do appologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Our breakfast room is setup to accomodate our 100 room hotel and hundreds of people when we are sold out because at times we do serve well over 200 people during our 3 hour breakfast span when we are sold out. I hope you had a safe travel and hope to see you again when your are in the New Stanton area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed here on the final night of our 20 day road trip---and based on the reviews, we were pretty worried, but in our case, anyway, our worries were unfounded.

We arrived around 11, and were promptly greeted by the hotel desk clerk.

The parking lot was pretty full, but there was no construction debris (as one reviewer indicated).

Our room was fine---clean, cool and the WIFI worked great.

Although some reviewers have indicated they saw mold, we didn't. The bathroom, although on the older side, wa clean and well maintained.

When we awoke the next day, we saw the hotel full of families---so the clientele is definitely desirable.

On my way out of the hotel, I had a nice conversation with one of the managers named Arnie, who was telling me about his experiences with a church group that arrived after his shift ended the previous night. Arnie really went out of his way to accommodate them---I hope they appreciated it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Josh_Baker, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were able to assist you with all your needs while at the New Stanton EconoLodge. The staff pride themselves on providing excellent customer service, their goal is to make everyone feel at home and to enjoy their stay.

It is our hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the New Stanton Area
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Stanton
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!