All reviewsweekend retreathome away from homesmall windowown private entrancerolling hillsback roadsevery morningfront porchold post officebarbbuggiesloftstrasburgbarnfarmsprovidence
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently visited the Lancaster area to see a show at Sight and Sound. instead of the usual vanilla motel chains, we decided to try a Bed and Breakfast. I found Musser's and liked that it was a historic home, could accomodate all three of us, and had an outside private entrance. We had a wonderful stay and were thrilled by the historic feeling of the home in a charming village. Several times we heard Amish buggies drive by the road.
Barb was very nice and welcoming. The home was exceptionally clean and we had plenty of room. We slept great on a very comfortable bed and breakfast was awesome. We had a delightful gourmet breakfast of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, waffles, and bacon. The granola cereal (a secret Musser recipe) was terrific and the bacon was the best we had every had.

Room Tip: The upper suite had two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and a bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was looking for a peaceful, child-friendly, and eco-conscious bed and breakfast for a reunion with some old college friends. We couldn't have found a better place! The B&B has historic character and beautiful woodwork without being overly stylized and felt spacious and airy. The common room was perfect for playing cards in the evening, and the garden out back was a relaxing spot for a lazy Sunday morning. Barb, the host, was more than accommodating. She added so many wonderful memories to our trip! Breakfasts were delicious- local amish yogurt, artful fruit salads, homemade jams and granola, fresh waffles, and egg souffle were just some of the wonderful treats she prepared- and she graciously brought some extra toys and games out for the toddler in our group. On saturday we enjoyed kayaking in the Susquehanna River, and dined at fantastic restaurants in Lancaster. Sunday we planned to tour an Amish farm, but were so comfortable at the B&B that we just relaxed there, instead. The experience exceeded my expectations, and I hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I live in the Philly area and we stayed at the Musser's B&B so he could experience authentic Lancaster county. It was a fabulous experience! Our room was spacious and filled with fascinating antiques from the area. I was particularly interested in the many quilts that are displayed throughout the B&B. The hostess is very informative and answered all our questions about the Amish and gave us helpful tips on what to see and do. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway I would strongly recommend that you stay here.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hostess, Barb Musser, was wonderful and made us feel SO welcome. We didn't arrive until 11:00 PM and she was still waiting up for our arrival so she could show us to our room(s). My husband and I took our "Navy" daughter and her boyfriend for a week's vacation in Pennsylvania and we spent the first 3 nights at Mussers' B & B. Barb's breakfasts were wonderful and featured the fresh produce of the area. We left the breakfast table each morning completely satisifed. The Inn is located in an area that is easily accessible to the attractions Lancaster/Intercourse area. My only regret is that we didn't spent all SIX nights at this lovely Inn and Barb's warm hospitality. We will return to this Inn and stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is a great place to stay on your trip to Lancaster County. The suites are beautiful and perfect for families. It will feel like your home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family