“Not terrible, but not great”
Review of Keystone Diner - CLOSED

Keystone Diner
Cuisines: Diner, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Not terrible, but not great”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Going to start with the good.

The waitress was friendly and kept my coffee topped off. Coffee was hot, fresh, and tasty.

I ordered one of the breakfast specials. The price was right and my over easy eggs were cooked perfectly.

My daughter's pancakes were big, fluffy,and delicious.

However, her scrambled eggs did not look appetizing. She described them as looking as if they had cooked an omelet and cut off a piece. The sausages were the smooth, shiny kind....again, not appetizing.

The place was busy for a Sunday morning, which made me think it'd be a lot better. There are many other diner options in the area, so I doubt I'll make another trip.

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“GREAT”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The food is great here and the waitress's are entertaining to watch. My husband and I feel the breakfast prices are good - go there all the time.

New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“they give diners a bad name”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Been there twice, once for breakfast, once for lunch. Ordered simple fare that should be a no brainer, but eggs were not cooked right, chipped beef seemed not to be made with any dairy in it, stale biscuit too. Lunch not better, tasteless hot turkey sandwich and skimpy reuben. There is no excuse for messing up straightforward food. Ice cream was full of ice crystals,

• Visited November 2011
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Big disappointment, indegestion too”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place was recently re-opened after renovations and is very pretty for a diner. The first time we tried it, we enjoyed it. The broasted chicken was good.
The second time we were disappointed and the third was awful. We won't be back. The menu is huge with many offerings ans specials are reasonably priced. However, the food wasn't good and after the first visit, The cole slaw is worse than grocery store deli - it was awful, something about the food is odd...don't know if it is addatives, but both of us felt awful after eating here, I gave the leftovers to my dog and she threw up within 15 minutes (and she eats anything). Unfortunately, ours stayed with us for the weekend - it was just "off." No way we'll give them a fourth visit. We had dinner and lunch here.

• Visited July 2011