“Old Italy flavor in New Oxford!!”
Review of La Fonte

La Fonte
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in New Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Fine dining room feaures Italian cuisine, pub features casual dining Historic Building in Beautiful area. Gettysburg is just at 9 mile and New Oxford is the Antique Capital. Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday, Sunday - 11 a.m. to midnight Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Old Italy flavor in New Oxford!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the door we knew we had made a good decision! Not only was our lasagna out of the world, the dessert was melt in your mouth! The owner made us feel like family! I wish they were closer to us, but I would land up being 300 pounds!!!! What a treat!!!!

• Visited November 2013

Shamong, New Jersey
“Great Italian Meal”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting her parents who recently moved to assisted living in New Oxford. After reviewing top rankings on TripAdvisor we decided to try La Fonte and were not disappointed. The 4 of us were greeted by Louisa the owner/chef/baker and her daughter. Being brought up by mother from Naples Italy, I initially was skeptical but that soon changed. Before we even ordered we were given roasted red peppers in olive oil and garlic; freshly made just like moms and wonderful. Italian bread was fresh and toasted. Our party also Italian wedding soup, Lasagna, Stuffed shells, veal parm with home made pasta, and shrimp and scallop. No complaints! Will definitely return and am planning a birthday dinner for my father-in-law with the family there in 2 weeks.

2 Thank Mario M
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, United States
“Best Food in New Oxford”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Travel through New Oxford about once every 2 months. I moved to WV from Jersey and while every state has their benefits, it is really hard to get decent food anywhere west of the Delaware River, IMHO! Decided to try someplace new on the trip home and decided to stop at La Fonte. The owner and her daughter were extremely friendly, this was our first time there and we they made us feel like we were VIP's. The Cheesesteak was excellent, next time I will try something more substantial although I only could eat 1/2 and took the other 1/2 with me to heat up later. I do not normally eat left overs so if I am willing to eat left overs it is good! This is definitely my place to eat anytime my travels take me through New Oxford.

• Visited November 2013
York, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks mom!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

An Anniversary dinner to remember! Veal parm,shrimp Alfredo,pasta bolognese, and a crazy good Gorgonzola sauce. This is a true family event, from the owners to the patrons. I was ready to invite them to sit and share the evening. Fun time, great meal, refreshingly down to earth.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Freeman G
Naples, Florida
“An Outstanding Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Like coming home Sunday for a family dinner with Momma, except this dinner is in an excellent Italian restaurant in the heart of New Oxford, PA. Greeted upon arrival by the owner and treated like an old favor customer, except this was our first time. Felt like coming home after a long trip to sit down to a wonderful Italian meal. The special of the day was stuffed shells. Both my wife and I loved the meal. A family restaurant with Momma doing the cooking and daughter serving the food. Will be back again and this time, we will bring our family. If you are in New Oxford, Gettysburg or Hanover and are looking for fine Italian food, this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2013