“Hands down the best food in the area.”

La Fonte Italian Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in New Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fine dining room feaures Italian cuisine, pub features casual dining Historic Building in Beautiful area. Gettysburg is just at 9 mile and New Oxford is the Antique Capital. Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday, Sunday - 11 a.m. to midnight Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been eating food prepared by Mamma Luisa for over 20 years. But this last April I found her again at her own place,La Fonte's. She is so much more on her own than I could have imagined. The food there is to die for. Every dish I try is my new favorite.
And the best part of eating there over the past year has been the friendships I have developed. Mamma and Elenoria are not just being kind as a service. They are genuine.
This is aslo the only place with a bar that I take my daughter to eat. Very much a family atmoshere.

Grazie Mamma!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We wanted to try the quiet little restaurant for Valentine's Day dinner. The reviews we read were VERY deceiving. They were advertising a special menu for the occasion. The "fine dining" area was a room with about 8 tables off the bar (which you had to walk through to get seated). Our table linen was stained and wrinkled. For an outrageous $70 for two of us, we received a steak that was burnt to the crisp on one side and a pasta dish which was literally just pasta and cheese. No vegetables. No meat. Very bland and soupy. And it cost $25 for that alone?! An extremely disappointing Valentine's Day dinner. We live locally and will never be back!!

1  Thank gingerwoy
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Gettysburg's best kept secret, La Fonte is at the top of our list of great restaurants. The hospitality was out of this world as was the food. Cost: extremely reasonable; quality of food: excellent. From the homemade bread to the best pineapple cake we've ever eaten, with delicious Italian and American entrees (loved the sliders), there is something to please everyone. We look forward to making the drive from the DC suburbs again soon to enjoy La Fonte. Thank you Mama Luisa and Eleonora, for making us feel at home!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

4 of us stopped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised to receive an absolutely delicious Italian meal at very reasonable cost. My husband and our friend had the stuffed shells and Chicken parmesan and said that it was one of the best Italian meals they have tasted in a long time. And for those who don't want to eat Italian the hamburger and fries are also quite good. We were surprised when the chef , Mama Luisa, came out to visit our table and ask how our meals were. We soon felt like close friends of the family after chatting with Luisa and her daughter. We also learned that Luisa is also an outstanding pastry chef as we indulged in her home made pineapple 3 milk cake and tiramisu cake for dessert. Quite delicious moist cake. Looking forward to going back to taste other menu items. If you are in the Gettysburg-New Oxford area , you should definitely make a visit to La Fonte. Thank-you Luisa and Eleonora for a memorable lunch experience !

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant and the owners. The food is amazing. Hands down it is the best Italian food my wife and I have ever had. Everything is hand made and fresh. Luisa and Eleonora have greeted us with hugs and warm hospitality every time we visit. All the customers love them. Going there is always a special treat for us. We give the food, family and hospitality there a 12 out of 10 rating. Do yourself a favor and let them make you dinner!!