“A can't miss experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
American Stories Historic Walking Tours
Jamestown, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A can't miss experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I thought I knew a lot about the Battle of Gettysburg, but I was wrong. On my last trip to Gettysburg I was fortunate to talk a tour with Pat of American Stories Historic Walking Tours. What an experience! She took me back to July of 1863, and unfolded the rest of the story in great detail. This tour was a real eye opener! If you are like me and think you know a lot about the Battle of Gettysburg don't miss a chance to take this tour from American Stories Historic Walking Tours. After all the whole town was a battlefield!

1 Thank Gettyboy

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Entertaining and Educational”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Who knew history could be so interesting and entertaining? Our guide, Miss Pat, not only led us through the streets of Gettysberg, but led us back in time to relive some of the more personal moments of the Gettysberg townsfolk during the days of the civil war battle that took place there. Each building has a story and each resident a tale to be told, and Pat has a talent for telling these tales in animated and sometimes humorous ways. She held the attention of my children (age 9) and inspired their curiosity and encouraged them to ask questions throughout the tour. By the end of the tour, we all had a better understanding of the experiences of the people of Gettysberg during the battle. If you are planning a visit to Gettysberg, I highly recommend taking a walk back in time with American Stories.

1 Thank skeeter54_05