The Barker House Bed and Breakfast
$85
Super 8 Hanover(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$73
$135
$169
$154
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn and Suites(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$123
SleepInn
Courtyard Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$143
$110
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$147
$130
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed one night and enjoyed it very much. All of the positive citations in the recent posts were accurate. Enjoyed breakfast, the nice rooms and the conversation with the owners.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have stayed with Bob and Elizabeth many times now since we first discovered this b&b; it is always our first stop on our annual two week vacation in the US. The house itself is lovely and has such fantastic history, being as close as it is to one of the most important Civil War battlefields.
Bob and Elizabeth are fantastic hosts, I just cannot say enough good things about them. They made us feel so welcome right from our very first visit, and now we feel like family.
Breakfast is huge and excellent. It always includes a fruit serving, sometimes poached pears. And something wonderful from the oven like muffins or loaf cake...you can smell breakfast when you are waking up....mmmm. Then your main breakfast...you will not need to eat lunch. Elizabeth has shared many of her recipes with me, and our favourite is the bacon baked with dijon mustard and brown sugar...my mouth waters when I think of it. I only drink coffee when I am on vacation, and Bob knows this, so he always plans to have some special coffee like Kona available for me when we arrive. The table is always set so nicely with lovely linens and pretty china and glassware. Elizabeth also always has snacks and cool drinks ready late in the afternoon.
The absolute ONLY small drawback is the proximity to a very busy street (Lincoln Highway). You can easily solve this by booking a room at the back of the house if you are a light sleeper. A room at the back also means you get to hear the frogs in the pond out back...such a lovely sound to fall asleep to. The porch is wonderful and I always find myself wishing I had planned for an extra night so I could just take a stack of magazines out there to read.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the house if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greenlamplady
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here Memorial Day 2011. As soon as we walked in we were in awe of the beautifully preserved home. Original floors and wood work. Very impressive. We were welcomed like family. We were given a tour of the home along with the history of it. The hosts are very friendly and down to earth. They make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. And breakfast was YUMMY!! We had an evening stroll of the town and it was so relaxing. A good nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast...what a fabulous home. There are so many antique shops in the town. We bought a beautiful antique dresser for a great price. We were genuine please with our stay and will definately be back!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank snuuglzz
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Nice b&b. Wonderful owners. Great food. Community style breakfast. The owner made some cookies that I loved so much I got the recipe and still can't get it as good. The closeness to the road didn't bother me, but I know the noise factor for some would be a slight problem if your room is in the front of the house. I've stayed here twice and it probably won't be the last

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

this was a last minute trip and decided to try a B&B instead of a hotel. I cant say enough about the helpful, friendly and sincere hosts. We're both very relaxed and refreshed after our stay. It was like a home away from home. The breakfast is home cooked and delicious. We happened to be the first guests to arrive that day and we were shown the entire house and allowed to choose our room.
The house is very old, several hundred years old in some parts, and it is very charming. Full of history and interesting stories. Our bed was very comfortable and all the bathrooms are nicely updated. It is decorated as you would expect, very comfy and with many antiques. There is ample parking.
It is very conveniently located, but the reason we gave it a 3 on location is that while it is in a small town, it sits right on RT 30. When we were there Rt 30 was heavily traveled so the road noise was something we were not used to. We had the windows open for fresh air, maybe the road noise wouldnt be so bad in the cooler weather when the windows are closed. This is also the same reason we gave it a "4" for sleep quality. The place is so nice it wouldnt keep us from staying again. There are lovely gardens and a side porch for sitting and relaxing. It is within walking distance to antique shops.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple