“Great hotel to stay at!!”

Holiday Inn Express Gibson
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Milford
Standish, Maine
“Great hotel to stay at!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Colgate College. We took advantage of a great deal that advertised in a Pennsylvania Hotels brochure. The woman who answered the phone when I called was extremely nice and helpful. When we arrived about an hour later, the same woman was at the desk, and I can't say enough good things about her. I believe her name was Tina. She was very nice, helpful, she made us feel very welcome.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The bedding was very comfortable, hotel is quiet, and I was so happy with it.
Breakfast was also great. Many, many choices in the free buffet, and all tasted great.
If ever in the area again, would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Veronica M
HIEXGibsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gibson, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Veronica M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a good review, and for giving Tina such great accolades. We are proud of all of our staff and the lengths that they will go to in order to ensure that all of our guests get a great stay everytime they choose to visit us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Holiday Inn Express | Gibson, PA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
USA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed two nights for a ski instructor examination at Elk Mountain. Reasonable proximity to Elk Mountain - comfortable drive - about twenty minutes. Food and services were near the hotel. Room was clean, spacious, with good bathroom features. Staff and desk personnel were very polite and attentive. There was a nice variety of breakfast items - including eggs, hot biscuit, ham, and pancakes. Reasonably priced. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIEXGibsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gibson, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear NH281,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review about your recent stay with us. We strive to do the best we can for all our guests and provide them with first class service. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Philly, PA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family and I recently took advantage of the ski and stay rate offered at this hotel. We received two lift tickets per night. We stayed in a king bed room with sofa bed which was more than enough room for the 3 of us. The free breakfast offered each morning was plentiful and kept us fueled until mid-day. All of the staff we encountered was very friendly. We did use the pool one night. It isn't huge but it was clean and refreshing. As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is located next to a Flying J truck stop and there aren't any quality restaurants nearby. However, right at the exit for Elk Mountain (only a few minutes away)we found Binghams Family Restaurant which was fantastic, especially the homemade pies. Also, our room had a medium sized fridge and microwave which if we stayed longer would've taken advantage of. About a 25 minute drive to Elk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIEXGibsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gibson, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear GoodTimes,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. We do our best so that every guest has a great stay, every stay, with a nice clean room, and friendly service to compliment. Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, and we look forward to your staying with us again soon!

Rydal, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was very nice and the breakfast was good. We had a hard time finding the hotel due to the weather (severe fog) but we called and the front desk person explained it!

Not a lot going on around the place. A Mcdonald is the closest restaurant but there is a local eatery that will pick you up at the hotel and drive you back! Thanks to the front desk for making us aware of that!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cheryl p,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure that every guest has a great stay, and they are great at recommending different eateries if you don't mind a short drive. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2013

(Stayed 01/13/2013) .. I have stayed at this HIE on multiple occasions in the past, but this was my first stay here in a couple of years. The entrance to the hotel is located in a service area and is not very well marked. The access roads are pretty beat up (probably from all the heavy trucks in the area for the fracking boom) but this can't be held against the hotel. I arrived after midnight for my check-in. The receptionist was very welcoming and had my reservation already to go. She offered me a choice of candy and a bottle of water which was nice. I stayed in a standard king-size bed room with a sofa (really a chair). The room was well-kept. The beds at HIE are historically uncomfortable and this location was no different. The pillows were nice and heavy which was a plus. The fitness room consisted of a treadmill, an elliptical machine and stationary bike. The TV was not working when I was in there but I was not overly concerned. You get the standard HIE breakfast. The cinnamon rolls are always great. Poor selection of fruit though but this could have been that I didn't come down to eat until I checked out around 8:30 and the other guests may have emptied the bowl. Nothing really special as far as hotel accommodations or the stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gibson, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear EyeLoveFood,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If youve read my other hotel reviews you will notice my number one complaint about any hotel is connectivity for all the electronics a typical business travel works with. HI Express Gibson does pretty well in regards to this. I had ample power outlets at the bed side. Nice to have 2 nightstands with outlets near both. I was pleasantly surprised by that. So they pass on connectivity even though I did need to pull the plug on the clock to use one outlet.

One thing I had a problem with isnt controllable by management. But the refrigerator in my room was so loud I just couldnt sleep. A constant hum in what is a quiet area with very little outside noise on the back side of the hotel. I had to pull the plug on the fridge as well so I could sleep.

My biggest gripe however was being told I HAD TO allow housekeeping in the room every 3 days to change linens. I understand you have policies, I understand there are people out there who have this thinking they need their bedding changed every day. Im sorry, I am not one of those people. I was working night from 5:30PM til 6:30AM. The last thing on my mind is getting my sheets changed. Sleep is my concern. I dont change my sheets at home every 3 days and I surely dont need my hotel sheets changed that often. Nor do I need to be told that I have to let them in. I am paying for the room, if I need towels or trash changed I will place them in the hallway. If I need you to clean the room I will then suffer and get up so you can clean the room. Dont tell me I have to let you clean the room.

As far as pros. The hotel is very easily accessible. However its just a bad location if you want to have food and shopping or anything else closeby. Your restaurant choices are McDonalds (which by the way was the filthiest and unprofessional McDonalds I have ever been to and I have since emailed their management as well). And there is a Dennys which was equally as bad. The jem is Amelies Pizza which was good.

As far as the hotel itself, I am pleased for the most part. Ive stayed here a few times now. Staff is friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff was very polite and apologetic for inconveniencing me with the room cleaning. I only had issue with one person at the front desk, the rest were wonderful. Breakfast was better than most. I always love the option of having a couple quick fresh pancakes over the terrible waffles most hotels have. A nice selection for breakfast.

The bedding was fantastic. Another reason I like HIE is the bedding. Soft and Firm pillows on the bed, a nice comfortable mattress and a really nice and dark room during the day. Decor is nice throughout the suites, shower pressure was fine, toiletries are above and beyond the neccessary. Overall I am pleased and will continue to stay here when in that area but I do take offense with the part where they tell me I have to let them change the bedding every 3 days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gibson, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear davebressi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to you were satisfied with the service provided by our staff as well as the breakfast and the bedding. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues you had with the refrigerator and housekeeping. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

On arrival we were made very welcome by the staff. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. There is not a lot of choice for restaurants nearby but Denny's is just across the road and this was fine for us on that particular evening.
Breakfast at the hotel was good and the new pancake machine made very good pancakes and worked really well, once we had been shown how to use by a very helpful member of staff.
A very good hotel, just off the freeway, we enjoyed our stay and would certainly use it again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gibson? Share your experiences!