“Our very first trip to New Kensington”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Kensington
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our very first trip to New Kensington”
Reviewed September 12, 2005

After 20 years we planned our first family trip to New Kensington for a family reunion. I spoke with Kelly on the phone to reserve our stay and we chatted a moment about places we'd like to see. When we arrived at the hotel Kelly was there behind the desk smiling like an old friend. She had us all checked in within moments with no glitches. During our stay I came to the desk several times to ask about sites to see and she printed us out directions and gave us ideas about the town. Along with other staff members we felt like we could go to the front desk at anytime to ask questions. The maids brought us warm towels the first night we were there and they asked us how our stay was going. We even spent time in the gym a couple of nights. I was really thankful for their laundry room after my son got soaked at the reunion and we needed the clothes for the next day.
We found out that a new mall was built and two of the front desk girls printed out directions again for us to drive over there.
We plan on staying at the Clarrion next summer again during the time of our family reunion. I would recommend this hotel to anyone heading for New Kensington. It's located next to convenience stores, the mall, restaurants and gas stations and most of all the staff was really helpful to us and made us feel very welcomed.

Cherie Jackson- Simi Valley CA

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed September 12, 2005

THE CLARION (NEW KENSINGTON)
Recently I had the priveledge of returning to New Kensington to attend a special family event, a 50th family reunion. I did not hesitate to reserve a room at The Clarion Hotel , a place that I had stayed once before.I made my reservation over the phone, and had no problems getting what I wanted. I also knew that many of my family members would be staying there as well.
In the past, I had booked online, and called later to make sure that what I had asked for, was indeed reserved. Either way , I had no problems getting what I wanted. I was advised however, that due to reunions and weddings, calling early was a must if I wanted to be sure of getting a room during peak seasons....in this case Summer. My advice would be to make your reservation at least a few months in advance.Check in was 2:00pm. and check out 12 noon, and a reseravation could be canceled if necessary up until 4:pm the day of your arrival (without being charged).This made things easier for me in that I was not sure if I was going to even be able to go to the reunion, but did not want to miss out on getting the room I wanted.
Centrally located, The Clarion is a great place to stay in that it is close to a large grocery store,a well known department discount store, several restaurants/ fast food, and gas station.Most of what I needed or wanted or had forgotten to pack, was at my disposal, and close by even at a walking distance.
Being a person that exercises everyday, the hotel provided a way for me to do this. A small one room gym with mirrored wall, offered a few pieces of equipment that were at my disposal each day. It may not have been the biggest gym, but I was there for a reunion, not for the olympics, and wanted to make sure I was able to get in some form of daily exercise. A large pool out back, was clean and the area around was always kept up, and since humidity was high this past Summer, I took advantage of what they had to offer.The pool stayed open till 10 pm. on the weekends and 9pm on weekdays.(I was told the pool opens on Memorial Day for the Summer season, and is closed for the Winter)
Seating areas were scattered around the air conditioned lobby, which was a good size and kept very cool. There were many things offered to the guests.Machines filled with an array of drinks and snacks in a room off the lobby, restrooms, telephones, a lounge and of course the friendly staff at the front desk.Who more than once were able to give me directions to wherever I needed to go, or make some helpful suggestions, like the new mall that is about 10 minutes away.
The hotel restaurant serves breakfast as early as 6:30 but does not serve lunch. This did not bother me, because I was off and going for the rest of the day.They remain open till 10 pm and do serve dinner.
The staff at The Clarion are always helpful, and ready to serve. Housekeeping was polite, always knocked before entering to clean my room, and more than willing to wait if I needed more time, returning later at a time I suggested.They always smiled and wished me a good morning as they passed me in the halls, and sometimes asked me if they could do anything for me. The front desk, was on the ball each time I called upon them for anything, making sure that what I asked for, I got. When I called for a "wake up call" they woke me up at the right time.
My room was clean, well lighted, well stocked with towels, fresh linens were put on the beds each day, and I was able to keep my room as cool as I wanted , by the touch of a dial.
The Clarion does allow pets. So for those of you who are allergic, it would be wise to inform them when making a reservation, so that they can put you in the room that is best for you.
Although the Clarion is not a new hotel,with chocolates or flowers in the rooms....chandeliers and high prices, it was a very hospitable hotel, with workers who are warm and friendly, and most willing to make your stay there a happy one. The hotel itself is average,with basic beds and rooms that offer a clean and comfortable place to stay at a good price.
Would I book it again? You bet! This was my experience and I hope that it helps you in your choice of hotels when visiting this lovely city.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2005

This hotel was terrible. The air conditioning did not work. The staff was rude and threaten us if we choice to move to another hotel. The buffet breakfast was cold. Don't stay at this hotel if you can help it!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Quality Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#55 of 71 in Pittsburgh

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!