“I'm sure soon they will install parking meters at the tables”
Review of Zoubi

Zoubi
Reserve with OpenTable
Zoubi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 91 Restaurants in New Hope
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: New Hope's hidden gem since 2001. Dine al fresco in our private courtyard and enjoy inventive American cuisine from Chef Bernadette Pearson
Milltown, New Jersey
“I'm sure soon they will install parking meters at the tables”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We had dined at Zoubi's several times before and was shocked at what happened at our most recent trip. There were 4 of us. We each had an appetizer,entree, desert and coffee. We also had a cocktail and shared a bottle of wine. Our tab came to around $275. One of the parties in the group ordered her steak medium rare and it came well done. She sent it back and it was then cooked properly. THe only reason I am mentioning it is that this post is about the amount of time we were seated in Zoubi's. We were sitting(approx 2 hours after our reservation time) finishing our cup of coffee and dessert and the french guy who seats people came up to our table with his arms folded and stared at us. I was in shock and asked him if he wanted us to leave and he said yes. We were in no way unruly or loud.We immediately got up from our seats. I looked around and there were many tables empty in fact a table for 4 was empty right beside ours. I have never been treated in such a terrible manner in any restaurant. With the economy in the state that it is in, I feel that he should have been happy to have a table of 4 who spent $275 instead of kicking us out. We will never return. It has a beautiful atmosphere, but the portion size has decreased and the price has increased over the years. The French guy should be given manner lessons if he is going to be dealing with the public.

5 Thank JerseyGirl205

New Hope, Pa
“Charming, romantic setting for an outdoor evening.”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Enchanting spot for a nice summer evening, with great food, very friendly and attentive staff and a most charming host. Funky, locals bar and a unique experience. Go-you will enjoy it.

Alexandria, Virginia
“A Wonderful Place for a Late Autumn Birthday”
Reviewed November 16, 2008

We ventured into Zoubi on a rainy November night after getting thoughtful recommendation from the staff at the wonderful Farley's Bookstore around the corner -- I'd been browsing the French cookbooks, and after telling the staff which recipes I was most interested in, they recommended Zoubi's. We were extremely happy with the service, the setting, and our meal. I had a perfectly-prepared, moist, and robustly flavorful duck dish (beautifully-cooked slices of breast meat with a crisp-crusted, moist-meaty confit) and my partner had "lollipops" of lamb (a rack of lamb sliced into petite chops) on a bed of white fava beans. The pie we had for dessert (chocolate pecan) was obviously and deliciously baked on the premises, our drinks were terrific -- and the assortment of martinis was breathtaking. You'll love New Hope and you'll really love Zoubi's -- intimate, charming, and warmly satisfying.

Central New Jersey
“Failed to meet our expectations”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My wife and I went to Zoubi for our 2nd anniversary after hearing rave reviews from friends for sometime now. The setting was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Service was friendly and prompt. Unfortunately, the food was generally disappointing One exception, however, was my wife's chilled soup. It was very flavorful. I ordered 6 oysters. While I'm far from an expert, I do enjoy them fairly often. They were not shucked properly and should not have been offered as a special unless someone knew how to properly prepare them. For an entree, my wife enjoyed the crab cake. The portion was generous but it was a bit heavy. My lollipops of lamb were skimpy, fatty and overcooked. The dessert were excellent. We shared a fruit tart. We also enjoyed two glasses of wine, one Bailey's, and Voss bottled water. The bill with a generous tip was nearly $200. While we will not be returning for dinner, we hope to come back for drinks at the outside bar in the future.

2 Thank njtravelingteacher
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you come to New Hope...”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

If you come to New Hope looking for atomosphere and food....this is the place. Great bar and drinks too. Try the caeser salad here. It comes in a thin crouton bowl with a poached egg on top.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook