“LOVE Dilly's!”

Good for: Families with children
Princeton, NJ
“LOVE Dilly's!”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I have been coming to Dilly's since I was a teenager, my husband since he was a kid. It's a great nostalgic place. The owner, Tom, remembers us every year. We go dozens of times every summer and have never once been disappointed by the food. It's a great place to stop after tubing on the Delaware or going to Rice's flea market.

I do agree with a few of the other reviewers that the parking situation has become a problem in the past 3-4 years. A hot summer day makes it quite difficult to park. My husband and I will often park in Stockton and take a nice walk across the bridge, but I would imagine for families that would be much more difficult. This hasn't yet deterred us, but we do try to come in the "off hours".

• Visited March 2011

Doylestown
“Be Careful to add up your bill”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Unfortunately, even though Dillys Corner is a great place to eat, some of the cashiers are not adding up the bill correctly or do not explain the difference in pricing when getting different sort of sandwiches. Add ons on burgers, tomato, pickle are extra, chicken sandwiches have vastly different prices depending how they are prepared. When ordering tabulate your order before you get to the window and make sure you state the item AND price before ordering to make sure you get an accurate accounting.

2 Thank Santore
Pennsylvania
“Great food but inadequate parking”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

This was the perfect place for us to stop for take-out dinner on our way home from a trip to Connecticut. We arrived before 5:00 on a Sunday night, but were surprised that there were absolutely NO parking spaces left for our full-sized pickup and the parking situation was a giant free-for-all.. After waiting about 5 minutes, a miniscule spot opened up, but a lady in a huge SUV had decided she had waited long enough and tried to steal the spot from us. Lucky for us, our vehicle was bigger, and she did not argue but instead had to park on the road without the confrontation I was waiting for.

Once we got out of the truck, we noticed that parents were not watching their children and that I had almost run a 3 year-old down parking the car. I apologized to the father of the little boy, but couldn't help but wonder why the little kid was running around in the parking lot to begin with. Then I realized there were so many people watiing for their orders that there wasn't enought space to even stand and that people were actually milling around the customers who were seated and eating in the outdoor seating area. I felt sorry for those diners who had planned to stay and dine--their meals were definitely interrupted by the lack of square footage.

The quaint ordering system uses playing cards, so when your order is ready instead of yelling a name or number, you hear "ACE OF SPADES!!' or "SEVEN OF DIAMONDS" which we found to be a nice change. The milkshakes we ordered were thick and well worth the price---and never made it home. The burgers an onion rings were als excellent.

If you go, I recommend you arrived on an off hour (like in the middle of the afternoon) instead of before dinner like we did. I can't imagine trying to get dinner there at 6:00, what a nightmare.

NJ
“Decent roadside stop-Good burgers but watch out if it's crowded”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Located right across the bridge from Stockton,NJ Dilly's Corner definitely is popular. Pretty good hamburgers and dogs and the usual roadside fair. they're nowhere near my favorite burgers, but there nice after a long walk along the canal. Seating is a bit better than average with tables made from artificial wood (no splinters) and the system of getting a playing card as your order number is novel, but if this place is crowded watch out. there is very little parking and I saw a number of people having great difficulty getting in and out. The kitchen also seems to wilt under the weight of many customers so be prepared to wait. I know it's a local favorite but I don't think it needs a special trip. But if you're in the area you could do a lot worse.

Frenchtown, New Jersey
“We Fell Inlove at Dillys!”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

My husband and I dated a few years before getting married and found Dillys to be the perfect spot for our Sunday afternoons after our bike rides along the Delaware River. Last month we married across the street and the owner of Dillys was so gracious to do something special for us.

The food is a great value for the hungry and the ice cream and frozen yogurt are great. It's a popular and fun place to relax and enjoy the afternoon.

Thank you Tommy and the fantastic folks of Dillys.