“We Had a Fantastic Stay”

Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Ranked #5 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We (this was a gift for my aunt) could not have had a better experience. We arrived early but were welcomed cheerfully. The rooms -- the whole inn -- were incredibly clean, well cared-for, comfortable, relaxing. The owners Colleen and Art were most friendly and helpful without being at all intrusive. While some guest houses claim to be close to town, Fox and Hounds really is, just .6 of a mile to the heart of New Hope, a very easy walk. Breakfast was marvelous, so fresh and so nicely served. You might find more luxurious accommodations, if you want a spa tub in your sitting room. But none would be more carefully attended to and presented. This is a first-class inn without the exhorbitant rates.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mimberani

Reviewed May 29, 2007

I didn't see a 2007 review, so I wanted to let you know that this inn remains top-notch. Clean, quiet, lovely room. The owners are quite helpful with suggestions (our daily breakfast conversation). It was our first time to New Hope and we were grateful for their help. We enjoyed everything, especially their recommended restaurants. We are not experienced with B&B's, but if they were all this nice we could become regulars.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Twofoxes
Reviewed December 23, 2006

We stayed at the Fox and Hound during the Thanksgiving weekend. It was our first time at a B & B...It was beautiful, immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. It is located only a few minutes from Main Street. The innkeepers are very nice and accomodating. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smushums
Reviewed October 10, 2006

I guess my first review didn't post, but I'll take the time to compliment this establishment again due to the great stay we had.
I'm in the military and was on leave from my deployment. My brother was having a wedding in New Hope, but I myself happen to live in MI. Because of the nature of my situation I had to make reservations last minute as well as change them a couple of times. The owners at Fox and Hound were VERY understanding and didn't seem to mind the hassle at all. On top of that I got a significant military discount without having to ask for it (most places you practically have to beg!).
The rooms were VERY CLEAN. Breakfast was great! Owners were friendly. Location is great too! So was the price, even if you don't get a discount! What more could one ask for!? Oh, and parking was no problem.
New Hope is wonderful in the summer btw... just breathtaking.
All said and done my fiance and I hade a wonderful time in New Hope. I recommend the area to everyone... there's a lot to do and see unless you're just plain boring.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2006

The Fox and Hound and the new Hope area is a very welcome respite from city life. The inn itself is very clean with a charming breakfast room where a delicious breakfast was served (topped off with a different, homemade cake) each morning. The owners were very cordial and not at all intrusive, and they had quite a few interesting stories to tell, and were very helpful in pointing out their favorite dining spots. Our room (Garden Room) was in the back of the inn and was very clean (everything looked brand new). The in-the-wall gas firplace however did not add much to the overall ambiance and we could have done without it. The inn itself is located about 1/2 mile from town, and sits on a hill next to the local high school. Overall, we had an above average experience at the Fox and Hound and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family. A great choice in the New Hope area!

• Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed November 27, 2005

The inn keeper was not friendly or accomodating. I have visited many B & B 's and this one was not a good experience. The rooms were not luxurious, the towels were thin and scratchy, the toiletries were open and used. The building has been rennovated and added on to and has lost it's charm. The decor is mismatched and tacky. There are many options in New Hope, go for a more charming experience.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank vanessaChelsea
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2005

After not being able to get a reservation at our favorite New Hope B & B, we decided to try this place. We stayed here for a week and saying it was a very pleasurable experience would be an understatement. The owners and staff are all great and extremely accommodating, and the place itself is totally immaculate. I'm not kidding. I dare anyone to find dirt or dust anywhere in the place. It's amazing. Art and Colleen are to be commended for running a real first-class place. We will definitely be returning here again, if not for the breakfasts, alone, which were a perfect way to start our day.

• Stayed: October 2005
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Mansion Inn
Mansion Inn
#17 of 19 in New Hope

Been to Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope? Share your experiences!