“why do we get punished at fox & hound for purchasing gift certs.?”

Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Ranked #5 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“why do we get punished at fox & hound for purchasing gift certs.?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2003

I can't believe that I bought a $200 gift certificate to fox and hound for my parent's christmas gift and when I received it---it excluded Saturday night stays and holidays! Why would you try to turn someone off, just because they pay in advance??? What BAD customer service!!! I will be sure to pass the word on not staying at this place!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Innkeeper at Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope, responded to this review, January 12, 2004
This gift certificate was purchased online - the form has just 3introductory lines- one which clearly states that "gift certificates are not valid for single night stays on Saturdays or holidays." The gift certificate can be used for a Saturday and/or a holiday - if the reservationis for more than one nite! When certificates are ordered over the phone I make a point of letting people know that gift certificates are subject tothe same policies as "all" reservations. Additionally, I often bend the rules to accommodate gift certificate holders 99% of the time can satisfytheir needs. I called the unhappy purchasers from West Chester and offered to refund their money. Not only did they not read or comprehend - they hadn't given me the opportunity to resolve their problem. They also have not responded to my offer - I think they just like to complain. Colleen Menz, Innkeeper Fox and Hound of New Hope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2003

We found the Inn to be very neat and clean and the room decor was befitting the lovely stone manor.

The breakfast was excellant. Being on a Dr. Atkins diet was no problem, I was served a low carb breakfast, as I requested.

The Inn is convient to the shopping areas in New Hope. It is less than a mile walk to the center of town meaning we were able to leave our car at the Inn and enjoy our day in New Hope.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2003

Originally advertised at $165 per night with a jacuzzi and fireplace, I arrived at the establishment to find that the jacuzzi did not work, and that the room was rather cramped.

Upon asking the innkeeper about the jacuzzi, I had been told that the price of the room had been reduced from previous ownership because of it. This did not match up with the advertisement placed by the previous owner, which advertised the room at the same price (which meant that I had been lied to).

Although the breakfast was delicious, there was only enough of certain items for the first few guests.

As a whole, it was a disappointing experience, and I would not recommend this bed and breakfast. New Hope has plenty of B+B's that offer better service and accomodation. Do the research. It's worth it.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Innkeeper at Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope, responded to this review, September 24, 2003
It is always disheartening to find out that a guest is unhappy. It is doubly unfortunate when the guest does not express dissatifaction when something can be done to correct it. This particular guest did not express any unhappiness, while staying at our B&B. She did call the following day and questioned the absence of a jacuzzi and referred to an outdated and incorrect 8-year old Planet Out article. Our web site has pictures and accurate descriptions of each room. The guestroom occupied by this person is accurately described as small but cozy, king bed w/fireplace, private bath w/shower. Re comments on breakfast. This was the last day of a 3-day holiday weekend this particular guest only stayed with us one evening; other guests were there all 3 nites. We strive to meet every guests dietary requirements and needs. In reviewing my booking sheet, that morning was a particularly difficult breakfast: Vegan pancakes (guest had supplied recipe, special flour, etc.); turkey bacon for a guest who did not eat pork products; egg white omelet for a guest w/cholesterol problems all in addition to our usual 3-course offering. Perhaps these were the certain items only available for the first few guests. We serve a full hot breakfast daily and also provide cereals, fruit, cookies, beverages and fresh baked (fruit) loaf/cake on our buffet all day long. We specialize in happy guests and refer many callers to other inns. Had this guest requested a jacuzzi, we certainly would have referred her elsewhere.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2003

I stayed here in the fall and it was beautiful. We had our own outside entrance to our room. There was a nice fireplace built into the wall that went on with the flick of a switch. The decor was lovely and so was the landscaping... right down to the bear shaped shrub! I would highly recommend it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Hope
#2 of 19 in New Hope
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope

Been to Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope? Share your experiences!