“Great stay at the New Hope Ramada.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The manager in another review said no bed bugs. But they do! The last morning we were there I felt something "tickly" on my back, shook off a fully engorged bed bug. I put the bug in a cup, and we called the manager. She came up, and said that they never had this issue before. Obviously, they did. And still do. But she was nice enough to get us garbage bags to put all our stuff into, since everything was potentially infested.

My suspicion, the bugs are either behind the wood panel headboards, behind the paintings that are "bolted" to the wall, under the rugs, behind the wallpaper, or in the walls. I am waiting to hear back from Ramada corporate to see if they are going to compensate me for the massive amount of bites I have on my back, my hand and the arch of my foot, which itches every time I take a step!! I even sent photos to corporate of the bites on me, and a photo of the bug in the cup!

They need to pull everything off the walls, and make sure the carpets are completely fumigated!! They need to bring in an expert on bed bug issues, not just any exterminator. There is no way to deny that it was bed bugs, when we had one of the suckers right there in the cup to show her! This can be taken care of, but they need to bring in the right professionals to do that.

Thankfully I didn't get bitten until the final morning. Because that would have completely ruined the trip! As it is, I'm itching like crazy now!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FlyGirlLisa
Doug B, VP Operations at Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
This is the content of our email response to the guest-

Attached is a copy of the inspection report from Orkin, a nationally recognized company. As you can see, the certified technician performed a complete inspection of the room in question and both adjacent rooms and found not one bed bug, alive or dead, or any evidence of activity. He removed headboards, outlet covers, bedding, mattresses, and bed frames for inspection. Again, no evidence of bed bugs was found.

It is unlikely that the bed bug that was on your body came from our room. It may have come from another location and been in your clothing or luggage, there is no way for us to know.

Bedbugs are generally found in quantity or not at all- in this case none were found.

While we certainly empathize with your situation and wish it were different, we do not see any indication that we have now or have had a bed bug problem in the room in question.

With that in mind, please let me know if I can be of further assistance in this matter.
New York City
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night. Room clean, heat worked well, massaging shower head, beds very comfortable. Simple breakfast. Staff lovely. We were pleased.

We didn't use the pool or tennis courts.

Breakfast simple. Coffee ok. Free USA Today newspaper.

Stayed November 2013
Baltimore
Reviewed November 12, 2013

A nice motel/hotel close to New Hope and Lambertville, only a few minutes drive to both. Our room with king bed was clean and had a really good flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a refrig and microwave. It was not a place with character or history, but it was a fine place to stay for a visit to this area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Hope
#3 of 3 in Newtown
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope

Property: Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Address: 6426 Lower York Rd, New Hope, PA 18938-5696 (Formerly Ramada New Hope)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Bucks County > New Hope
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Of New Hope Hotel New Hope