“Ok place for a night or two”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have been to this motel on numerous occasions during ownership turn overs including 2 years ago under Ramada ownership. 2011 visit was favorable but upon our return this year 2013 the hotel has gone down considerably. If a motel is clean I can usually enjoy the stay. Upon initial inspection of the room we found nats and other bug remnants on the sheet as well as blood stained smears of dead insects. If that wasnt enough when we turned down the bed sheets there was a live bug crawling on the sheets. Needless to stay we switched rooms, the bug situation was better but the room itself was dirty. I could understand this condition from motel chains with lesser quality, but the Ramada name should bring a higher level of quality. When you pay $165 a night you would expect the very least a clean room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie S

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My mother, daughter and I were excited for our stay in New Hope. The hotel rooms and pool appeared updated from the pictures that we had viewed on Expedia when booking this hotel. We had a nice experience at the pool and very nice menu selection at the poolside grill. After our dinner, we returned to our room. I have a tendency to look give a thorough inspection of the bed linens from prior experiences at other hotels. While doing my inspection, I found a bug. I didn't think much of it at first and thought maybe we had brought it inside with us, so I smashed it and flushed it. Then I went back to look again.... there was another bug. So not to startled my family, I got on the internet and looked up bed bugs. The picture I found looked similar to what I had found in the bed, so I decided to let my family know what I had discovered. They became very concerned and started looking further. We found a total of 5 of these bugs in the beds before contacting the front desk and changing rooms. I kept a specimen of what I had found and took this to the front desk to show the manager and let them know that we were very concerned about this. The manager said they never had any occurrences of bed bugs and that they would keep my specimen to show to exterminator. We were not offered any sort of compensation for our nightmarish experience since we booked through Expedia.

4  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada New Hope recently and the hairdryer was broken and the phone didn't work. I reported both to the front desk and was told that the situation would be rectified but it never happened. No one came to my room and nothing was fixed. I had to go to a wedding with wet hair. I wanted to report this to the manager but she wasn't available so I was told she would call me. She never did. I've called several times to no avail. All unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Basic service. A little worn, plugs slide out of outlets. Front desk was Luke warm in friendliness ..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

On July 4, 2013 I stayed at this hotel because family members were swimming in the hotel's pool (which the hotel allows the general public to swim in for a fee of $5)...the pool was very crowded with swimmers trying to beat the heat. My room was clean and the air conditioner worked which was a plus because the outside temp was in the 90's and very humid. The bed was comfortable and the room had a coffee make and an iron/ironing board. However, this review is not so much about the room as it is the service.

Even though the sign outside the hotel advertised a burger and fries for $7.99 there was no room service as the restaurant was closed for the holiday. I had to go to the pool bar, order the burger and beverage there, which was fine, but I had to give them my credit card (they didn't take cash,) which they then taped to the wall along with many other credit cards and then a "runner" hurried off to the closed restaurant's kitchen to place my order and retrieve it while I waited in the humid heat. The gal at the bar was as efficient as their poor payment system allowed her to be but she was slammed with customers and it was her first day. While waiting for my food, I commented on the inefficient and unsecured credit card "holding" system just as a manager walked into the bar shack and following we had an intense discussion. I told her the bartender was doing a good job even though she was slammed with customers and the manager informed me in a haughty, sarcastic tone that she was out by the pool and decided to help out even though it was her day off. I informed her that even though it was her day off, if she was there and saw it was that busy with people lined up, as a manager she SHOULD have helped the new employee. She wanted to know my name and room number and kept getting more and more rude as the conversation evolved. I finally gave up trying to have a discussion with her. The front desk clerk happened to come down to the bar shack and the aforementioned so-called manager told her I had complained my room hadn't been ready and I was unhappy with the room. I informed the desk clerk that was not so, my room was ready and I was perfectly happy with it. The bartender thanked me later for "having her back." Once the burger arrived my credit card was run through a machine and I signed the slip and carried my burger basket to my room to eat. I had asked for ketchup and the runner went to retrieve some but didn't come back and I finally left without it.

That evening the water to my room was off and I was informed some swimmers knocked out a pipe but they were fixing it and the water was restored quickly. The hotel had a continental breakfast that was free and it was OK. For a reasonable room with a pool on the property, this inn is adequate...just stay away from the manager!

By the way, a friend of the relative I was visiting informed me a week or so prior he had been given back the wrong credit card when he was leaving the pool beverage/food shack and didn't realize it until he used it to charge and item at a store the next day! I would maybe stay there again but I think it wouldn't be my first choice just based on the attitude of the rude manager.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool if you want the view of the activities and ask for one that faces the...