“Good hotel in Lodging Wonderland”

Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hope
Mineral, VA
“Good hotel in Lodging Wonderland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

In an area (Bucks County) known far and wide for its literally dozens of quaint, historical Inns and B&Bs, "just a hotel" may seen a bit of a comedown. Having visited this area nearly every Thanksgiving since the mid-80s, we have sampled a number of Bucks County's premiere Inns, loving them all.

This time, however, we were on our way home from Boston and just needed a place to stay for the night to break up the drive. We decided to take a short side trip and stay in New Hope. The Ramada was available (and the least expensive accommodations in New Hope) so we decided to stay there (it was New Years Eve.) What we found was a nicely kept, although not elegant, hotel with many amenities (most of which we didn't use, it being winter.) The hotel was hosting a special New Years dinner and after party we also didn't attend but did a walk-through, finding it welcoming and reasonably priced.

The staff was friendly and knowledgable and the room was well appointed and spotless.

So if you can stay in a historic inn or B&B in Bucks County, do it. The area is a wonderland. But if you want to stay and don't want the expense of more elegant lodgings, the Ramada is a good choice, located on a main throroughfare a short distance from the New Hope center and (if you like shopping) from Peddlers Village in Lahaska.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bschaeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Spent New Years in New Hope and stayed here overnight. The hotel lobby and bar area are gorgeous; the rest of the hotel is set up like a motel. I found the rooms to be spacious and clean - nothing fancy but it was perfect for what we needed. I would not normally pay the price I did if it was any other night besides New Years, but that's probably why they bumped up the price.

Front desk service was inconsistent - one person was very helpful and the other could care less about service.

Only a 5 minute cab ride to New Hope, so that is convenient. Good choice of a hotel if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a B&B.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmh621
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed here with my husband for a wedding in the area. Because all other guests were staying here, we didn't consider alternatives.

The accommodations were just adequate. I've definitely stayed at nicer hotels for half the price. Our room was outdated. The lighting was dim and everything seemed dingy. The walls were very thin. We heard every person who passed our room, and could hear footsteps, tv and chatting in the room above us.

The bar was nice and there was live music. I did enjoy coming back to that after the wedding. However, the bar service was slow and understaffed.

Breakfast was meager. Just some prepackaged bagels and muffins and a bowl of apples and bananas.

I was unhappy with customer service. The place was completely booked and there was only one person at the front desk at both check-in and check-out.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been so bad if the price weren't so high. I paid about $130, and I simply expect more at that price point.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Allentown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

After reading some of the reviews posted, I was a bit leery to make a reservation here. My husband and I were looking for a nice place for a "night away" and this fit the bill. So convenient to Peddler's Village and New Hope, we were minutes away from great shopping, and excellent food. The room was clean, quiet; the bed was very comfortable, and the room also included a small refrigerator and microwave. Old fashioned -- yes. Friendly and convenient, a big yes. We just came back, but we are already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen N
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Ramada might be the only large chain hotel in the area that is close to the heart of New Hope. I was there with several girlfriends for a Wine Tasting Trip - so this hotel suited us fine. The hotel front desk staff were friendly and helpful - the grounds are well kept (pool/poolside/outdoor lounge area).

In comparison to other Ramadas I have stayed in though, the rooms were a bit depressing and pretty much motel-style. Clean enough, though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Succubussoo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I ended up choosing this hotel for my one night stay in New Hope. The remaining hotels and inns were all two night minimums on the weekend. I ain't gonna lie, I was leery about staying here as I don't usually stay in 2 star hotels. I gotta say, though, that I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel clerk was pleasant during my midnight check-in and didn't hesitate when I asked for a later check-out. Got to a warm room, with heater going, thank goodness on a cold night. I though the room was nice and basic and the bed had crisp sheets with plenty of pillows. I slept very comfortably. Free breakfast is from 6-11 which is nice.

There is a jazz bar in the hotel, too. The decor is beautiful in the lobby and bar. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TinaCara
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Spent one night here...Rode from Long Island with a dozen biker buddies ...Its your basic no frills nothing special at all place that needs some serious updating but the staff went out of there way to accomodate a bunch a rowdy bikers which means alot in my book...If i go back to New Hope im sure there are some really nice b&b's id would stay at other than The Ramada

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
The Temperance House Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope? Share your experiences!